Marine disco v Tony,s

Lusty

I haven't been to Pattaya since February, but I visited both Tony's and Marine Disco while there as I usually do. I found it more difficult to approach the freelancers in Tony's. The layout and crowd does not allow easy movement through the club, there is not that much dancing and most of the girls are in groups. I did like bringing a date to Tony's. Marine Disco on the other hand is pretty straightforward. It is easier to approach women here and easier to move around even when it is crowded. Obviously it is easy to dance here. As far as knowing which women are on the game it is safe to say that any woman you meet in either of these places who is willing to talk to you is on the game. "Good" girls don't go here and if they do they won't go with a farang unless they are testing the freelance water in which case you're ok! I have also found that "good" girls are often quick to tell you they are not a prostitute.

Have fun.

Sailor

Man, I agree with Sailor exactly on this one. Did they did you how to read minds in the navy Sailor?

I love Tony's for the band and fun. It is much better if you go there with a lady. The layout does make it hard to manuever about and approach ladies. Also, IMO, the ladies there seem to be more interested in the band and having fun rather than getting picked up. The dance floor is pretty small too.

On the other hand, I think most of the ladies is Marine Disco (and certainly Marine II) are there looking to be picked up. Oh, you will see a load of them on the dance floor and on those risers, but on the sidelines, at the tables, at the entrance, there will be plenty of ladies waiting for you to approach them.

Of course, in Marine it is difficult to communicate near the action with the loud BOOM BOOM disco stuff going on constantly.

I find both Tony's and Marine great places to visit after an evening in the gogo bars. But, again, I think Marine is the better pickup place.

Though, I agree with both of these posts, I want to add another distinction. I belive that T's will often have a lot of girls who are just there "after work" ... if they meet someone fine, if not, that's OK. Many of the girls go there with friends and see what develops because they are off work and want to unwind and dance a bit. Marine, seems to me to have the same, PLUS many single freelancers who come off much more aggressive. In any event,you can safely approach any woman in either place. Speak with them, dance with them, you will get a clue real quick. These clubs are unlike anything you have ever seen and located in a city unlike any other!

Sarasin - Sorry, but I have never been in the Navy. I am a REAL sailor with a sailboat. :-) But you and I often seem to be on the same wavelength.

I don't know about opening or closing times these days but the last time I was there Tony's got busy around 11PM but Marine is dead until about 12:30 at the earliest. BTW the last time I was in Marine there were a few Russian hookers who were really annoying. And hey - don't discount the riser girls! During my last visit I was admiring a particularly hot one and we talked a bit. Then I left for a while and when I came back the first thing she said to me was "I want to go with you"! I always thought these girls were a bit arrogant but this one was great!

Sailor

Not much to add, but just confirming what others have said. Marine is the pick-up place and Tony's is more for partying with your date. I've been to Tony's a couple of times. It's good when there is a live band, but the Disco music is way too load. It does seem to be packed at night even mid-week. I was last there in July.

The girls refer to Tony's as a Farang place. My recommendation is to ask your girl to take you to a Thai-style nightclub. I went to one that was out of the downtown area. I had a really good time entertaining two sisters a brother, members of the band and a few others that dropped by. We were there for several hours. Had all we could eat and drink. I paid for everything, the bill was about 1,500B.

Englishteach got it right. Funnily enough, marine which gets going way after Tony's is rocking, is more of an early riser for the freelancers. I find the girls there more serious about fishing up the right customer, one on one, whereas in tony's they tend to come in groups. In Marine, everyone, boys and girls, seems more cautious not to make a wrong choice so "early" in the night: Don't you think that there are a lot of people looking at each other in Marine, and biding their time? Also, Tony's has a policy on drinks where the girls have to order drinks too, so the younger ones and thrifty ones go to marine's where there are no such policy for ladies. In general, the round is to go to Tony's, then Marine1, then marine2 or tony's again. You will also see more BKK thai week-enders in marine than Tony's which is indeed geared towards middle-aged farangs who dig the 70's music T's band plays. Really weird we can see so much difference between joints only 200 yards apart, especially as far as the girls go. I would not draw too much conclusion on which one is more a pick-up place than the others. It's still Pattaya, after all!

Archived