The inevitable end of life as we know it

whitelotuslane

Yep. The things we need to watch out for are not things like birthrate (after all, the OP says the UK are producing more - but, from what I see of kids lately, they're just producing more fat pigs. :D )

The things we need to watch are:

1. Relative wealth. I.e. Changes in opportunities for the poorer women in the country.

2. Law enforcement.

3. Greater number of tourists (i.e. increasing demand). As Flashermac says, I think this is the main one.

4. Countries like Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos sticking with their crappy (no gogo) governments. (i.e static/decreasing supply)

Any one of these gets worse, the women in the Thai industry will get fewer/fatter/more spoilt. :(

Personally, I'm selfishly hoping for another Asian crisis. 1998-2000 was the best time. :D

When I am 70 year they will have Cyberdolls which look and feel exactly like a real woman, they will say whatever you want them to say (free configurable) they shut up when you want them to, they make the dishes and bring you the newspaper and your slippers, she can even walk the dog!

What's the difference?

Just like in the movie "Cherry 2000" :thumbup:

Laos and Cambodia are ranked 39 and 64 respectively in the world. Thailand comes in at 157. So you can always turn to the neighbouring countries.

Well, go have a look at Singapore or Hong Kong to see what that's like. Burmese and Cambodian freelancing chicks moving to Thailand for 2 weeks to charge 5000 baht for a shorttime.

But indeed I also agree it's vital to keep the rich vs. poor divide in place. If all cute 18 year olds get an education or even a meaningful job they may not like to suck my knob for 500 baht. :(

I definatly agree the nightlife scene is much larger now, compared to the early 80's when I first made it out here, but back then, the number of farangs indulging themselves were far fewer, so the ratio of BG's to Farangs was higher then IMO, and the girls were MUCH friendlier and easy going, BKK was really party town back then. Another observation on how the scene has changed is the quality of Farangs who now visit, back in the day you would meet 'interesting' types, real travelers, businessmen, retired military, expats, embassy staff ect. Now you are much more likley to come across brain dead drunken morons on their yearly jollies from a deadend existance, especially in Pattaya. It's easy to look back through rose coloured glasses, but I for one, certainly prefered it back then although the girls were less willing to smoke :smirk:

Archived