The inevitable end of life as we know it

whitelotuslane

Read, and shudder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate

Thailand's fertility rate is falling dramatically. Thais are having less children at the moment than even many first world countries like the USA, UK, Sweden, Netherlands and so on.

THIS IS OUR SUPPLY OF CUTE TWENTY YEAR OLDS, twenty years down the line! When I am 70 years old, there won't be a nice oversupply of cute 18 year old girls anymore.

The situation is dire, the smiles in the land of smiles will wrinkle and dry up. :(

Stop worrying about government and policies, and start telling people to go FUCK and make babies. It's our only hope.

Cheap birth control pills have a lot to answer for. My Father in law had seven...by his proper wife...and says he'd have stopped at two if he'd known how. Of the seven kids, five have two, one has one only and my Mrs none. (And not likely to have any.)

Two grandchildren born this year though, both girls so there's some hope yet.

When I am 70 year they will have Cyberdolls which look and feel exactly like a real woman, they will say whatever you want them to say (free configurable) they shut up when you want them to, they make the dishes and bring you the newspaper and your slippers, she can even walk the dog!

What's the difference?

Makes one wonder how they will be supported in old age, having so few offspring.

A remarkable development really, only one generation back 10 kids were not unheard of.

The missus has 8 siblings. None of these have more than 2 kids.

cheers

hn

When I am 70 year they will have Cyberdolls which look and feel exactly like a real woman, they will say whatever you want them to say (free configurable) they shut up when you want them to, they make the dishes and bring you the newspaper and your slippers, she can even walk the dog!

What's the difference?

EXCITEMENT!

Still, [pouting] would your cyberdolls be easily reskinnable so you can give her a fresh look every day?[/pouting]

I can only go back to 1994, but I am pretty certain there are more venues and more girls in those venues, collectively, than when I first arrived. Memories are a tricky thing, and I am sure that mine has enhanced my image of the girls I met my first year here.

I don't think that life as we know it will inevitably end. I think few things in life, excepts its end and taxes, are inevitable. Who would have predicted the tremendous growth of the internet? Even after this site got going, who would have predicted the success of Facebook, Wikipedia, Skype, MySpace, YouTube and Google?

In 1994, if you had told me that I would still be here 13 years later and that Bangkok would not only have an elevated train system (that works) but also a subway (underground), I would have said you're crazy. And I would have been wrong.

I can't make these predictions, and I doubt all crystal ball gazers and crystal ball gazing, particularly when the projection goes out decades. If others can make these predictions, why can't I, and if we all can all make these predictions, shouldn't the market necessarily correct for those projections, thus cancelling out their utility?

On a more practical level, if I could reliably make these sorts projections, I wouldn't have to work and I wouldn't grouse so much about intrusive economic policies here. I don't think life will inevitably end as we know it.

The nightlife scene used to be much smaller. Thus it's not surprising they were able to find more good looking dancers.

One Patpong bar owner told me nowadays he has to take what he can get. That's one reason there are so many khatoeys in the bars. I don't recall any in the 1970s, only a few in the '80s. By the '90s, the khatoeys seemed to be everywhere. :p

What's the difference?

I always knew you were a blow-up doll kind of guy!!!! :neener::neener::rotl::rotl:

Archived