Pattaya in August?

lifesabeach

Hi....I have been once to Pattaya once during the high season - this year at the end of January - other than that I know Bangkok well...I am thinking of dropping in on Pattaya again in August. I am wondering how it will be different from the high season?

Girls - I found it a bit of work with the gals in January - I am no longer young and may have unrealistic tastes and expectations - I suppose I had about a 50% success rate (Yeah, I'd do that again = success) I guess there will be fewer tourists in August and wonder if that means fewer girls too?

Weather - I liked going down to Jomtien beach by day- is it usually reasonably sunny this time of the year? or Does the water get all funky from the runoff from the rains?

Any other August differences I should know about?

Thanks...lifesa

Well August is the slow season you hit more rain and humidity than in high season.

Personally I love the low season!! There is times when you will be outnumbered by girls 5 to 1, :D hotels are cheaper :deal: less wankers messing up the action (of course not you CT) :neener: I highly recomend low season for the serious monger!!! :_party:

Dad, you spelled recommend wrong but of course you are on top of the money with your brilliant knowledge about the Pattaya seasons.

You can give me a spelling lesson in 2 weeks!!! :neener:

Tell the girls to get them washed and WAXXED the Daddy Dawg is coming to town!! :elephant::chili::fever::grouphug::tophat:

August is fine. Perhaps a little less rain than July and definitely September. You will get some showers, but plenty nice hot sunny weather too. Heck, even the rain is nice in Pattaya.

As for your success-rate, I bet you can up that by dressing a bit above the average for Pattaya, i.e. look gentlemanly and be friendly and confident.

I bet you can up that by dressing a bit above the average for Pattaya

T-shirt instead of singlet? (Except for "GOOD GUY GOES TO HEAVEN, BAD GUY GOES TO PATTAYA" t-shirt... they're definitely OUT!)

Sandals instead of flip flops?

Like the guy last night who really thought he was a PLAYA wearing the black NO MONEY - NO HONEY shirt with green shorts and leather sandals with white socks!

Can someone explain the psyche of these suckers? It is one thing to have no style but what is he trying to say by wearing a shirt that is around for 30 years and everyone has seen billions of times?

Archived