full moon party on Koh Phangan

hornydude

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

A very nice web page indeed, it should have all you need to know. Good pictures. Cops really arresting people? Never have been, wouldn't have a clue.

yes they do.

the girlfriend of a friend of mine was arrested once together with all her friends. cops took all the money they had. they were lucky though, did not end up in jail.

when i lived on kaosarn many years ago we had a constant stream of farang coming through who went too electric on ko pan ngan. most were arrested after a week and sent home.

some end up in the asylum on the mainland.

I was at a full moon party last February. Get there a couple of days before as all the accommodation goes.

There's always a party atmosphere every night on the beach (will the 1 am closing effect that?) but on the full moon party they really go to town. The whole beach front is full of sound systems and there's enough to cater for everyone's tastes.

The beach was also nicely decorated with giant eye balls with wings on poles amongst other things (no I had only been drinking beer.)

At the techno end of the beach they had German techno dj Sven Vath who I thought had definitely had his day compared to around '93. The Thai djs were the best!

It was very crowded but one thing that was very unnerving were the dodgy fireworks people were letting off. These were going off in the crowd (giant mortars and rockets) and I heard that quite a few people were taken to the hospital over that night.

I went back at 10.30 in the morning and the tide had come in but one hard-core sound system was still going with people sitting around it in the sea in deck chairs.

The party carried on all the next day up on the hill at a bar. I took a look in there in the afternoon and there was no half measures going on in there...the people looked very scary.

Sven Vath was playing up there and afterwards I heard that he was booed off as he was just no good.

I'm not a party person anymore but I used to go to many of the parties in Goa '93 -'98 and this in some ways was very similar, especially in that bar.

It was interesting watching the ferry from Koh Samui bringing everyone in, including bar girls, on the day of the party and then the next day taking these very wrecked people home again.

It made me glad I was staying there!

Ed

P.S. On an earlier thread I thought someone was saying that these parties might of been banned now?

"Definitely not a place to bring a Thai girl to though, they wouldnt know what to make of it. The Thai girls who I have seen there have not looked so happy!"

Yeah I'd agree. When I went down to the one that was still going on at the beach at 10.30 in the morning there was one dancing with this guy who she was with, who was off his head.

He thought he was having a good time, occasionally grabbing her top to try and pull it down and you could see she really didn't want to be there and probably with him

I felt really sorry for her!

Ed

Well, judging by the many photos of bizarro looking farangs I have trouble myself understanding it. I honestly can't imagine what a Thai girl from a rural background would think of this. Madness? Possibly.

Archived