Latest FIFA World Rankings

The_Munchmaster

Amazing but apparently true, Scotland are up to 14th in the latest rankings! :elephant::chili::yay::monkey:

Fifa world rankings:

1 Italy

2 Brazil

3 Argentina

4 France

5 Germany

6 Holland

7 Portugal

8 England

9 Spain

10 Czech Republic

Selected others:

14 Scotland

32 Republic of Ireland

33 Northern Ireland

75 Wales

Scotland's recent good form is reflected in their latest ranking. Scotland have risen five places to 14th in the Fifa world rankings - their highest placing since the table was introduced in 1993.

Alex McLeish's side have performed well in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

England remain in eighth place, while world champions Italy remain top. The Republic of Ireland are 32nd, with Northern Ireland in 33rd spot.

Wales are in 75th place and Brazil have leapfrogged Argentina into second position in the latest rankings.

The Scots were transformed under former boss Walter Smith, before he moved to Rangers.

And McLeish is looking for the side to continue their good form by securing qualification for the Euro 2008 finals.

This ranking is seriously silly, how comes that Argentina is in 3rd position while they have been kicked out early in the last 2 tournaments and Germany is just 5th by ending up in 2nd and 3rd!

Please don't tell me that winning that funny Copa America shit doesn't count more than the world cup!

What's that about again, ah yes, Brazil and Argentina playing the finals forever and in third comes Equador which is an amateur team! Ridiculous, this ranking says nothing, every team in the top 10 would whoop Brazils ass right now and Italy on number 1, well I still don't get used to it!

FIFA ranking may be sometimes weird.

But right now ut seems fair: Italy won the WC so what's wrong with it. Brazil, Argentina and germany can be considered on the top 4 world teams.

Before the wordl cup I seem to remember the USA was higher than Italy... That'rellay strange!

Archived