Skype problem

limbo

Whenever I use Skype, the screen freezez up and I need to reboot.

When I call a # (landline) the screen freezes after the calling ends and today the screen froze when I was a few seconds into a conversation.

Anybody has or knows about this problem and what to do about it?

Hm,

I'm not convinced that it's caused because not enough RAM.

Please before you take or initiate a call open the task manager, process list, sort by CPU usage. Might be possible that your computer freezes because Sky takes up 100% CPU.

There are hints that some third party software might cause the problem. The one always mentioned it Total Recorder. Also mentioned were Zone Alarm and some Norton stuff, but not when using WinXP.

Usual Questions. Which OS? recent updates? Newest Skype version?

Not sure though, rarely use Skype (with video) and no problems except a slight delay in transmission.

Seperate issue, thought I'd post it in this thread since it's about Skype.. Sorry if this jacks the thread a little.

I am unable to verify my cell phone number with Skype. I am however able to send an sms message to it? When I try the verify thing I get an immediate failure.

Hm,

I'm not convinced that it's caused because not enough RAM.

Please before you take or initiate a call open the task manager, process list, sort by CPU usage. Might be possible that your computer freezes because Sky takes up 100% CPU.

There are hints that some third party software might cause the problem. The one always mentioned it Total Recorder. Also mentioned were Zone Alarm and some Norton stuff, but not when using WinXP.

Usual Questions. Which OS? recent updates? Newest Skype version?

Not sure though, rarely use Skype (with video) and no problems except a slight delay in transmission.

Hi Carlton,

Thanks for the info. I'm not aware of running Total Recorder. Zone Alarm I used to have, not sure if it's still on my laptop, I do run Norton ghost.

As OS I've got W2000, I guess. Hmmm, recent updates, guess I'm a few months overdue!

It was the newest Skype version, afaik, but I dumped it for the time being.

Archived