Shipping furnitures to LOS

kojis

Thanks guys for the advices, I will sure ask more info to gallerists if I ever ship those artworks. Still trying to figure out a way to do more business ex BKK without actually moving there anyway, which might happen.

Just checked that link, and things might not be that complicated once we get a work permit, art works are onlya couple of pictures/painting we can fold and reframe at worst. And from artists thai customs will have never heard off.

http://www.thaivisa.com/340.0.html

Mr Pickles is correct in that you can import your personal belongings in if you have a work permit BUT, and there's always a BUT in LOS.

It could take 3 months to get the WP so you'll need to delay your shipment until you get here, or pay demurage charges of 500 baht a day until you get the WP or pay a 'nominal duty' (i.e tea money) of 20,000 baht.

I don't really think the Thai Customs care what you're bringing in but it makes sense to roll up the paintings and reframe them in LOS to reduce shipping costs.

You also need to either sort out a door to door delivery from Paris to Bangkok or have your stuff shipped door to port and have it cleared by a local agent.

The one that successfully handled my stuff and the tea money is FNS fax (66) 2260 6322.

Archived