Silom/Sathorn condos

kojis

Had an illumination today while on the Eurostar back from London... figured out it made much more sense for us to move first to BKK before later perhaps heading to HKG or China...

What do you think we could get in term of appartment between 100 and 130K a month in the Silom/Sathorn area, something modern, good standing, on a high floor and with a view. How large can we expect?

No service needs to be included, expect access to the pool and some children playground if they have on compound.

Cheers

Kojis, wife's enthusistic

Well, basically I've seen some long term rates in Ascott and suspect they're rather similar in The Meth, which are 2 places I would appreciate living in. Are there much better deals to be had in the same area, maybe one street further, in a less high profile but still OK condo?

Many expats there, which building can we get around 250sqm for this price in this area?

I'm not overly enthusiastic to leave Paris -you can call that an understatement- but a large downtown appartment with a view and a full time maid to start living in BKK would be a good incentive.

If business goes decently we'll move to better bigger place, but do you guys have specific advice in that budget range (100 to 130k THB/month), which would remain on the cautious side if we make the move?

Urbana Fraser Suits just opened near corner of Sathorn and Suan Plu. There are a couple of new (within last 6 months or so) buildings on Sala Deang between Silom and Sathorn. There is also a couple of new buildings on Soi 7 (from Narathiwat) towards Suan Plu. Most would appear to be in your range.

MooNoi

Thanks for the tip. it wouldn't be before march next year though. Just trying to figure out how it'd be if we left Paris. Many pros and cons...expect some posts in the Family section of this forum in the very near future

Wanderer,

I'll definetely check Fraser suite for short stays as that's the area I usually stay in BKK. Could be an alternative when best rooms in The Ascott are full, which happens regulary.

I stay most of the times in The Ascott Sathorn and find it convenient enough. Within walking distance or a short taxi ride to work and many places I enjoy going out to. Don't even bother with the Sky Train.

Otherwise I can't think of any area in BKK that seems as attractive as where we live in Paris - although it will be much easier to get a great appartment in BKK.

But as business prospects are better ex LOS we might move there. The idea is maturing.

The oly problem i have is around rush hour when I would like to take a taxi from some place like pantip or siam paragon and the taxi driver looks at me with a krinkled brow and continues to say no as I go past the no meter 250 baht range.

Archived