where to go in Vietnam?

eee

I'll be visiting Vietnam this summer for a couple of days. I have no clue what awaits me there. Guess p4p is out of question? I don't know. What do you think is a must see and do in Vietnam? I'll be returning to Thailand after that of course. thax eee

Only a couple of days?

That really limits things.

You're either probably going to get 2 days in Saigon or Hanoi.

Hanoi is a nicer city aesthetically, but forget P4P there. P4P definitely available in Saigon, but it's a big bustling city these days. Some good things to see in Saigon - mainly going out to the Cu Chi Tunnels which is really interesting, and the war museum of American war crimes is pretty moving and interesting too.

In Hanoi there's lots of cultural things to do and you can also go see Ho Chi Minh's mauseleum. A day trip out to Halong Bay is a long day but well worth it.

For P4P in Saigon, check out this report I did a while back.

If you don't know what you're doing, you can pay over-the-odds for P4P in Saigon, but it's still way cheaper than Singapore or Kuala Lumpur for example. But the Vietnamese girls (especially in Saigon) are generally gorgeous - more so than Thais IMHO and very giving and sensuous when with a man in bedroom!

What MooNoi said.

In Saigon I stayed at the Rex and partied at the Apocolypse Now. P4P available there for $$$s but where to go? The hotel won't let 'em in. Didn't fancy some short time shithole with all the possible dangers so waited until I returned to Thailand.

I like Hue.

It's been a little while since my last visit and the names escape me some what, no time for re-research now.

In Hanoi, Apocalypse now, there's one in HCM too but I've never been. Also New Century and another place near the river I think??? Plenty of p4p, getting them into the hotel might be a minor issue but when I was staying at the Horison (*****) a little discussion, a small fee, and an id card made it all alright.

In HCM, big hotel, well famous, maybe Caravelle, upstairs bar with little balconies you can sit out on. Full of expats and expensive. Walk out the front turn right take the first street on the right lots of little bars on both sides of the road with girls who will drag you in. Take one to a short time hotel and she will make you happy. Most probably less than safe but then most of this stuff is to some extent. I never felt threatened, had a great time every time so far.

Two days is not enough, imagine two hours in Sukhumvit.

Cheers,

M.

Archived