Seoul Korea

candyfloss

I saw an interesting cost of living study for 2007. Tokyo is no longer the most expensive city to live in. Moscow(!) has taken the #1 spot and Seoul has taken #2. I wasn't quite sure if I could believe it. Has Seoul really gotten that expensive. Last I heard, a mid-level exec salary is still under $100K US/year.

Maybe you speak about The Mercer's Cost of Living survey. Last one is from May 2006 and concern 2005 prices. IMO it could have changed this year due to the strength of the â?¬.

Anyway Seoul will surely remain in the top 10 most expensive cities in the world.

Also the strong appreciation of the brasilian Real will put IMO Rio and Sao Paulo from 42th last year(124th position two years ago) in the top 20 this year. :mad:

In Asia, BKK could move up the rankings and JKT drop

Happily my fav hunting ground, Bucarest, is still 118th and could drop. And Chisinau, as Minsk (I'm off to Belarus on 5th August for one month) are not even covered. Too cheap. :)

http://www.finfacts.com/costofliving.htm

I saw an interesting cost of living study for 2007. Tokyo is no longer the most expensive city to live in. Moscow(!) has taken the #1 spot and Seoul has taken #2. I wasn't quite sure if I could believe it. Has Seoul really gotten that expensive. Last I heard, a mid-level exec salary is still under $100K US/year.

Mid level execs probably make (-)$100k, but the whole country seems enamored with credit.

In Seoul a nice 3 Bedroom Apt. will cost you @ $2,500 p/month if you rent. A really nice place will run over $3,500 a month.

Seoul is expensive for housing but not too bad for routine expenses,you can eat at a Korean restaurant for less than $5.

Archived