Weird coincidence

CaptainPike

Without question that is definetley a "Movie truck". In the neighborhood of BKK where I was living the local Chinese would ocasionally put on street side movies. I've allso seen this in other parts of the country.

What " use to be ?" anoying was pick up trucks that just drove around town with a couple big poster knock ups and blaring megaphones. You can still see fruit vendors doing the same thing, but don't have the same level of decibels or the anoying regular frequency of the old movie advertisers though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, perhaps the biggest thread hijack of all time....

To get back on track....

I once saw one of those gigantic movie trucks driving around a small village just outside of Udon Thani. I had just walked out of a movie theatre having watched 'Ocean's Twelve'. To my surprise none other than George Clooney was driving the truck. Just behind him was a small pickup truck full of coconuts. Instead of a monkey to keep thieves away the owner had Telly Savals leashed to the truck.

The really strange thing was that the movie truck wasn't advertising a Clooney movie it was promoting the still unreleased upcoming saga 'The Great Galt Gets Gangraped By a Gigantic LED display that becomes self aware'.

Are we back on track?

Archived