Uzbekistanis no. Romanians. Yes. Kazakhs no Ukrainians Yes

Famous Grouse

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I hope it doesn't happen to you Bibblies.

When a 23-yr-old Welsh backpacker was raped in Chiang Mai in 2000 the local press published her naked body - face down - at the place she was killed. In the act of being strangled she had defecated.

This last picture I can guarantee you did have an emotional affect on her parents and all around her. Of course being told she was dead was the biggest shock of all.

It's the death and the manner of it that had the emotional effect*, not the fact that someone took a picture of it. It still happened, they still would have been told and known what happened and imagined it. The mental photos, the mental replaying would be going on all that time. It really doesn't make any difference. It's the difference between infinity and infinity + 1.**

You didn't answer the logical point about why not censor the words that describe what happened too. The words will have the same effect on the bereaved. In fact, the bereaved will read of evenly vaguely similar incidents for the rest of their lives and they will also trigger off feelings that are, for them, as vivid as any photo.

And you lot write about these things, feeding the public the little juicy bits they really have no right to know (but that you know they love). So don't give me that 'taste' bit.

Strangulation nearly always brings defecation, btw, doesn't it? I thought it did.

Again, why bring that into it? Who cares when they're being strangled to death that shit's coming out of them? :dunno:

If I were being strangled, I wouldn't be thinking "Damn, there's shit running down my legs! Well, dying is one thing but SKID MARKS! :shocked: Must... reach... out... hand....for.... tissue... and die ... clean"

(Again, you made the defecation bit clear with the words. In photos of death scenes taken hours, days or even weeks or months after the event, I've noticed that it's often not very easy to tell what's what. It's often just a bit of a splodge. You have to turn to the prurient, tasteless words for what happened. The photo doesn't tell you every little detail of her ordeal. What happened - the real nasty stuff - is in the words.

* effect, not affect (Yes, I am available as an editor and English tutor. :cover: )

** that's no difference btw. (Yes, I am also available as a maths tutor. :doah: )

One of the worst examples of tasteless reporting I've seen was in the PI while I was there. A local news crew arrived at the scene of a suicide, paid off the police to stand back for an hour and got one of the neighbors to ring the victim's wife at work. She was told to come home straight away without being given the correct reason; the film crew set up in the room with the body and filmed her reaction when she came in unsuspectingly.

Real Pulitzer Prize stuff.

That definitely is going too far... actively interfering in the reporting of a death and invading a woman's very private moment.

"Pattaya City News on the telly is so bad it's brilliant. It's the rank amateurish-ness (?) of the whole enterprise that appeals though."

Nicely put carew. It's refreshing to find that kind of independence in among the globalized corporate pap. It even has a certain innocence about it. Pattaya chic...pitched right it could replace reality TV.

They are all ethnically Russian.

Uzbekistan is a multi-ethnic country where women have all the types between ethnic Uzbeks of course, but also ethnic Russians, ethnic Tatars, ethnic Kazaks, ethnic Turks, ethnic Koreans, plus some others, and all the blends in-between. That's what make them so beautiful.

By the way, anyone interested by Tashkent should read the EXCELLENT post of Roger Nebel on the ISG.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=596660&postcount=52

Tashkent is still one of the most untouched and enthralling scene in the world. It's VERY high on my must-do list.

:thumbup:

Archived