Dali Bar / Soi 33

Talking with Bangkok George and Phiket Pete about the Dali Bar, it seems that there is a lot of confusion over Dali's pricing system. I was actually in there last week with Racha so I can shed a bit of light on it.

Drinks during happy hour are 70 baht

lady drinks are 70 baht for a splash of Coke and 130 for a proper drink.

During normal hours the beer will cost you about 150 baht and the lady drinks also go up 50% (possibly more)

If the girl stays behind the bar and talks with you, you're under no obligation to keep her glass filled up but if she comes and sits with you on your side of the bar - she'll expect you to freshen up her bourbon every hour.

If she gets up to go to the toilet and brushes against yer old fella - that's another 30 baht and a further 20 baht if you're still aroused when she comes back.

Pool is 20 baht a game and if you take a girl in there to put her hands in the pockets and get your balls out or to keep the end of your tip well chalked - that's gonna cost you a proper lady drink.

If the mamasan sticks her head round the door and shouts 'bollocks' - that's at least another 20.

No you're absolutely right. I haven't got a bloody clue either.

Just to add a bit more confusion......

I was in Dali about 3 weeks ago with the one that provides the 'kitchen pass' just after 9.00pm on Saturday night. We had a couple of sloooowww drinks (cheap Charlie????) and 'she who must be obeyed' was offered a free drink by the house management!! The bill was not padded in any way to compensate for this.

No pressure to buy ladies drinks at any point and a whole bevy of young ladies without punters who just wanted a bit of chat to relieve the boredom of a slow period.

Anyone else had freebie drinks for the better half offered? If so which bar and when ?!?!

I could have done with something to relieve the bordom when I popped in Dali three weeks back. It was about as friendly as my local back home, and the girls no better looking. This was a right bad start to the holiday. Monet was a lot better, but they are all just Issan girls in long frocks, same as everywhere. For posh sorts I think Rachada is the place, Soi 33 is not up to much.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Dapper:

Just to add a bit more confusion......

No pressure to buy ladies drinks at any point and a whole bevy of young ladies without punters who just wanted a bit of chat to relieve the boredom of a slow period.

Anyone else had freebie drinks for the better half offered? If so which bar and when ?!?!

Monet was interesting.

The girls at Monet treated me really nice. Funny thing though, while she couldn't/wouldn't speak english with me, she could write well enough to have an okay conversation. Actually, I shouldn't be surprised given education here.

One thing about Monet though, they have two pool tables on the second floor. 40 baht per game was kinda steep and it was the kind you see in bars in the west. Put the coins in and push the lever to make the balls come out. Didn't like that at all.

Maybe I'll try Dali's :p

<<burp>>

Archived