Patpong Mini Report

Sarisin

As reported by a member in another thread, last night I found the Patpong was shut down completely by 0230.

A few random notes about the 'pong as I don't get there often.

I went to two new bars last night.

Pussy Connection is owned by Randy's partner (Goldfinger and Superstars). It is to the right of Goldfinger. I walked in and it did not look good. A small bar with an assortment of only heavy, unattractive ladies on stage - and it was prime time, about 10:30pm. Disco music was booming.

King's Cloud was something else. There must have been at least 75 dancers in this bar. It is upstairs, just around the corner from King's Garden and the Italian restaurant Cafe De Roma. They had almost as many touts out front as they had dancers.

I understand many of the dancers were from Camelot Castle which will be reopening tonight (shut down because an underaged dancer was discovered). There were some good looking dancers. Also, sadly in King's Group fashion, there were more than enough pests around pressuring you to buy them drinks.

The bar is fairly large with a number of stages for dancing girls. There was a good-sized crowd and I had one rather interesting incident. As I walked towards the far right I ran into a load of Asian men dancing wildly. I knocked down two of these guys unintentionally as they crashed into me and lost that collision. It was unintentional, but I didn't say it didn't feel good.

A major change in Superstars, which had been one of my favorite party bars in Bangkok. I knew something was up when I saw the former lunatic manager of Superstars, Aood, now working in Goldfinger. Same with that long-haired DJ they had for years. But, I really knew things had changed when I heard them play the Backstreet Boys and Cher (Believe) when I walked into Superstars.

Yes, they did have a number of friendly stunners on stage (along with a selection of katoeys), but disco music in Superstars? Tell me it isn't so. Well, Randy said his partner made the change unilaterally and now Goldfinger's business has increased threefold as a result.

However, there is no doubt that the dancers prefer the disco music. Anyone who has witnessed dancers trying to do something at their pole when 'Stairway to Heaven' or 'Free Bird' would likely agree.

Finally, I went to Thigh Bar late around 1AM. They still had a crew of frisky dancers available. Many stunners in the lot and I ended up taking one.

She met me down on Suriwong Road after Thigh Bar closed, but after she was spotted by one of Thigh's manager said she would be cut the 400 baht barfine as she left with me not paying. Although a bit doubtful, I gave her the 400 baht making her very happy and improving my experience with her a lot.

In summary, I had a great time in the 'pong and I never made it to two of my favorite bars: Safari and Pink Panther. Next week I will try to visit those.

I ws the 'other poster'. Cheers for the report. Passed through Patpong on staurday night and it seemed very quiet again. Even the touts were less than half-hearted.

Went to Cowboy on Sunday night and had a great time.

Archived