Thai doctors love their golf

bjon045

I made a visit to St Louis Hospital (on Sathorn) to get some stitches removed and while I was waiting outside the doctors office I heard something bang against his door, the nurse knocked on his door and after a couple of seconds he opened it and I went it. After I sat down I gave his office a quick eye over and spied 2 golf putters propped up against a filing cabinet behind his desk. As my girlfriend talked to him I looked around a bit more and saw a pepsi bottle that had been cut in half was laying in the opposite corner of his office near the door like it was being used as a rudimentary golf hole. Apart from that I also managed to get a look at his monitor and it was open on google, certainly he was hard at work! That must of been why I had to sit outside his office for 10 minutes waiting.

The doctors name was Dr. Poonpong Ittipong (3rd floor surgery/spinal department) and I would recommend against ever using this doctor. Not only was it obvious he had his mind on other things than patients but when he operated (prior visit) on me he never even shaved the surrounding hair (facial hair) and I ended up with hair (not facial - top hair) stuck inside the wound after he applied the stitches which I had to manually pull out myself (the hair not the stitches). Probably will end up with an infection.

heh that's the guy (you have to type "poonpong" into the search box and do it manually). Bastard, got a mild infection (yellow pus around the cut) but I bought some more antibiotics from a pharmacy (rulid) and it seems to be getting it under control.

Funny that they tout St Louis as being non-profit and yet they charged me 180 baht for 6 rulid tablets when I bought 10 at my local pharmacy for 165 baht!! Not to mention I had to go in yesterday for a checkup and a nurse spend less than 2 minutes cleaning the cut (now closed) and gave me a bill for 500 baht (including 300 baht for Dr Ittipong when he said all of 2 words to me), they also wanted me to get 400 baht worth of medication from their pharmacy but I politely declined.

:thumbdown: for St Louis from me (shouldn't have gone to a Christian hospital).

Archived