Warning Soi 9 Pattaya

Alfmaz

Originally posted on Nanaplaza sight under relationships “Is this the norm for Thailand”.

They must be desperate in times of war not many people are travelling.

In July myself and a friend went drink at bars around Soi 9 Beach road Pattaya hed had taken a girl at greed price of 1000 Bhat all night the next morning she wanted 1500 Bhat him being a bit of a “Jay Dee” Kind hearted payed 1500 Bhat, he took another girl from the same Soi and the same thing happened, he didn’t tell about it till the next morning of the 2nd time it happened, the rest of the trip I was there to listen to the negotiated price it was all OK for the rest of the trip, I didn’t take a girl I had one from another Soi.

A few friends from work came back from Thailand on the 7th August 2001and went to Pattaya and they also like to drink at the same Soi, these guy are regulars to Thailand twice a year they know all the tricks, they also said the same thing, they pick-up girls from Soi 9 girls wanted extra money and the guys said I’m not paying the extra 500 Bhat she pulled out her mobile and said I ring Police, argument broke out and she started dial, only being there for three day and still had a week and a half to go he didn’t want any trouble ( Nothing worse then having the cop around you Hotel and they will favour the Thai’s any way )so they paid. The next night he went around the other Soi’s like 7, 8, 2nd road no problems had a good time for the of there trip. So warning if going to Soi 9 for a drink or pick-up BG. I know it’s illegal to prostitute but these girls tried it on hoping you don’t know the law.

Hi!

I spend quite alot of time in the beer bars on soi 9 when I'm in Pattaya and have never heard of this before. It could be that if one girl get's away with it the behaviour will spread concentrically. That said the soi 9 bars are no different from bars in other areas. This could have happened anywhere.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. Do you recall the name of the bar or was this in more than one bar.

“I know it’s illegal to prostitute but these girls tried it on hoping you don’t know the law”

Alfmaz, I like that statement. Why be afraid of the cops. laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Just out of curiosity, was your g/f maybe working in Pattaya soi 9 (re: what to do about B/G, re: Is this the norm for Thailand)?.

Hi!

Avoiding unnecessary contact with the police is often a good idea if you don't have extremely food contacts in high places which tourists seldom have.

If the girl had called the police it could easily have been more expensive than paying 500 extra. Righ or wrong or law has nothing to do with it.

regards

ALHOLK

Alholk

I think that tourist have this imagine that encounter with Thai police would be bad. Well I did scare the shit out of my pants when the police accusing me for a traffic offence, which I did NOT make, stopped me years ago on the way to Nakhon Sawan and I handed-over 500 Bath to avoid trouble. Nowadays, police still do sometimes stop me at roadblocks but I do not give anymore in and know the tricks get along with.

Who said on this board “fight for you’re your future, fight for your bath” laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

My BG worked in Soi 7, But I didn't like to drink at her bar a lot, because of all her girlfriends Yap Yap Yap in Thai, so we stay for 2 drinks then go to Soi 9 looking for a girl for my friend he saw a couple there he liked the night before.

quote:

Originally posted by ALHOLK:

I spend quite alot of time in the beer bars on soi 9 when I'm in Pattaya

Soi 9 beer bars?? I don't remember any bars in Soi 9. Are you talking about the large bar complex on 2nd road near Soi 9??

There's also a number of bars on the Beach Rd. end of Soi 9 and last time I was in that vicinity (more than a year ago) they were building bars IN Soi 9, just up from the police barracks outside the back end of Prince Hotel.

If you read my 1st post it's the Soi 9 and Beach Raod next to the police station there are 5 to 6 bars next to the Gym where people like to work out I don't know why when your on holidays. I went from 85klg to 74klg in two months, I will have to buy new cloths when I'm in Bangkok in December

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Alfmaz ]

• 4 weeks later...

There is still a scam in Soi 9 but this time they have changed from girls to drinks.

I went to Soi 9 Beach Road for a drink last night with my girl, I like some of the girls in Soi 9 have a liitle look and guess what still something going on. I went to pay, I had 3 drinks my lady had 2 and the Bin was for 5 beers and 4 lady drinks, Try to prove that it was other. Had a big mouth fight with Mamasan and just paid, too much anger, this is a big problem.

Has someone bought all the bars in Soi 9 and running a scam ?.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Alfmaz ]

Archived