Warning Soi 9 Pattaya

Alfmaz

Originally posted by Dundee:

[QB]Alholk

I think that tourist have this imagine that encounter with Thai police would be bad. Well I did scare the shit out of my pants when the police accusing me for a traffic offence, which I did NOT make, stopped me years ago on the way to Nakhon Sawan and I handed-over 500 Bath to avoid trouble. Nowadays, police still do sometimes stop me at roadblocks but I do not give anymore in and know the tricks get along with.

First, I have had a couple girls try to raise the agreed on price next a.m. and when they say "I call Police!", I say "No, I call Police!", I pick up the phone and call the front desk-this has always stopped the bs right away and usually with a smile-to me, its like you can't blame the girl for trying cause it has obviously worked so many times before!!!!! If there is any bad vibe from the girl, and this did happen one time, I go back to her bar and tell the mamasan-this behaivor is unacceptable and should not be encouraged nor rewarded....

Now, as far as traffic stops go.....it depends.....some times they are looking for something and if I am in the wrong-ie drunk, driving too fast etc., I promptly pay a small fine-this has always been my best experience in dealing with police all over the world-pay the little guy, don't go to the station unless you have a colonel friend and his number always available(btw, cultivate these guys, they are truly get out of jail free cards if you do something really stupid). If you are guiltless, relax and talk with respect and let him do his job, I agree with Dundee, there is no reason to be afraid of the police or pay bribes if you are blameless....btw, I have been stopped while driving in Pattaya, by traffic police who were looking for drunk driving farangs over the holidays-I was sober so they politely appologised for any inconvenience and sent me on my way-drinking and driving is never very smart is it.....

shocked.gif" border="0

I think several guys have it right here. It is best to stay away from the police.

But, if the girl is trying to rip you off, tell her to ring the police. And also tell her you will ring the police. Tell her you will make big problem, she will never be allowed to come to this hotel again, tell her you will speak to the mamasan and the bar owner.

And if the police do come let her have her speach and then tell them yourside.

And if it all goes wrong give the 500 to the police so she can't see and ask them to take her away.

Make sure you go down and the hotel see her and do a bit of the Pattaya Mail style pointing at her.

But for what it's worth you have probably played it just right. Pay and get her out. It's the easiest and lowest risk way of resolving things.

Archived