Customs shipping personal goods

zob65

Says you are Thailand already where do you intend to send from? If from UK sevenseas are the cheapest and best. I used them door to door and never had to pay any duty on anything. Four boxes and a crated statue plus insurance was less than 350 quid. It's not worth the hassle of picking up yourself as from what I hear any savings are likely to be offset by tea money

If they are in a package, you may have to pick them up at the post office near Hua Lamphong train station and pay a duty. Do make sure to mark them as USED. Years ago I asked my mother to send me some of my own clothes. Then I got hit for a hefty duty on them, since she hadn't said they were used. :(

Yes, the duty thing seems adhoc...i've been charged twice for things sent by my mother. Presents, not valuable. The charge seems to vary, the 2nd package had cheaper goods but the charge was 3 times the 1st. I didn't pay, wasn't at home, made no effort to contact the delivery firm, then 2 weeks later the package was redelivered, no duty to pay...very mysterious!

Archived