Twinrix and nerve damage?

wonderlust

I had my first shot of Twinrix on Wednesday and on Wednesday night I woke with a strange buzzing, numb-like feeling on the left side of my face. I still have a twitchy-like feeling in my left eye and am getting some mild headaches. Anyone else experienced this from vaccines? I'm worried it might be nerve damage or something.

Thanks for the info. I don't think there's anything the doctor can do about these symptoms. There's no antidote or anything like that. I will contact my doctor on Monday to be safe. I'll be angry if this turns into something chronic because I haven't had a vaccine since I was about 10 to no ill effect and now I get this bullshit. I wish I'd just taken my chances in catching hepatitis - it's not even that serious. I think I'll be skipping the tetanus-polio-diptheria booster that's been offered.

I was looking up Hepatitis C and it's blood-bourne (like Hep B but unlike Hep A which can be transmitted by food and water) with a prevalence in about 5% of Thai men and 1% of Thai women. Homosexuality is probably the reason for the disparity. As long as unprotected anal sex or injecting drugs is not your thing, the chances of catching it are low.

Archived