Pattaya: Good rooms, good location, cheap prices..and golfing!

rookie

The Traveler's Rest hotel, restaurant and bar has a new owner.

It is conveniently located on Soi LK-Metro directly across from Lolita's BJ Bar.

ROOMS: 4-floors with a total of 14-rooms. All have refrigerators, TV, AC, HW and large queen sized beds. All of the rooms are good size, some are slightly larger than others. All rooms have a balcony. No elevator.

Prices: 500-Bt/night until October 31st 2007

High Season prices, commencing November 1st, are a reasonable 650-Bt/night or only 17k-Bt per month!

The bar is well stocked and also offers wines. The restaurant is open from 7am - 10pm and has over 100 items on the menu.

The new owner, Fergus and his Thai wife are both avid golfers and currently schedule golf trips 4-days (M-Tue-Thur-Sat) each week to various courses. Transportation is available. Traveller's Rest's monthly golf schedule appears on Pattaya Sports Club's website, in their PSC monthly schedule (http://www.pattayasports.org/golf/index.htm). Sign-up for golfing days at the hotel or just show up no later than 8am on golfing days; departures are at 8:30am. A set breakfast is available to players on golfing days for only 65-Bt, which also includes coffee/tea and juice. Note...I'm not affiliated with the hotel, but am a golfer who finds the staff friendly, the rooms offer great value and those that golf there are a fun group and anyone is welcome.

While Traveller's Rest does not have and 'working' gals or freelancers, such are readily available at many of the other venues on LK-Metro. For those that lacked or didn't want a nightly companion, Traveller's Rest has a treadmill and weight machine to work off any excess energy!

T-Rest-Sign.jpg

Entrance.jpg

Bdrm-lg.jpg

Bdrm-sm.jpg

exercise.jpg

LK Metro is a great Soi for those who haven't tried it. The Travelers Rest may be better with new owners. I stayed there earlier this summer and for like the fifth time and finally blew them off when we didn't have water for like 20 straight hours. "One more hour sir" I heard that for at least 6 hours before I said hey I want my money back and haven't been back since. IMHO the best place to stay in Pattaya is just a few doors from Travelers, it's the Thai Archer. Same concept, four floors, walk up but the rooms are all brand new and the staff is great. There rooms are 600 or 650 in low season and an awsome deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Traveller's rest was my first choice in Pattaya for a while, large rooms and no hassles. Friends and I stayed there often, until the "water" problem started happening in June 07. Parts of the hotel would not have water for sometimes over 24 hours, it happenned several times and no discount or alternatives were offered. By all means don't eat here either, as the one time I did I got the squirts! Friends have stayed there recently and the still have'nt resolved the water problem(and have found other accommodations since). The farang manager was absolutely no help either, he's drunk most of the time with his croneys downstairs.

Archived