Who will hire me?

stanny1

Already you are exhibiting a "western" attitude. I recommend a cross cultural communications class or you will have problems in the thai business culture. And your response this time is?

Okay, lets cross english teacher off your very short list. Have you thought about gaining any work experience or an actual career?

Forget about location now or else you will be one of these young drifter type guys living hand to mouth with no sense of purpose or direction in life. Thailand is one of the worst places to start a career.....

Thailand is not the place to work on a resume especially if you don't have one to begin with.

Are you the corporate type? You got to pay your dues if you want to work a coporate existence over here. There are guys with 10 to 15 years work experience who offer LOS nothing.You need the right skill mix to land anything decent....

Are you the entrepreneur type? Bars available in nana...That is a winner! There is always a SCUBA instructor in phuket opening...

Re-think your idea in about 40 years when you have a pension coming or an egg nest to protect from the scavengers. Then you can join the ex-pats club in pattaya or chiang mai....

Or you could buy a lot of lottery tickets and pray. Probably your best bet for your situation....

By the way, You are welcome for the advice....

CB

Yes Thailand is the worst place to land a job.

Despite my professional experience, 2 university degrees etc... I can not hope (except pure luck) to find a position there (I mean decent position not 30K bht/month)

In the fields where I could get a job the usual requirements are 8-10 years of working experience which I will maybe have in a few years.

If you absolutely want a job in Asia try Singapor, HK or Japan/Korea but once again the good positions require experience, cultural sensitivity, excellent English skills and usually other languages + you have to be qualified in the right fields so to speak.

Archived