Want Eat Cat, Mai?

zanemay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Peter G:

"I have not eaten meat or fish for 30 years, but if people want to eat animals that's up to them ... Why do people think scoffing mr pig down, quite an intelligent beast, is alright but then get upset at the thought of cats, dogs, monkeys and horses being eaten?"

Couldn't agree more. I've been a vegetarian since 1972 myself, and I think it's sheer hypocrisy when meat meaters complain about some folks eating cats, dogs, monkeys or whatever. You either eat meat, or you don't - period. Anyone who eats beef, pork or "gai yaang" has no right to castigate people who happen to relish cats or dogs. A life is a life, isn't it?

I LOVE ANIMALS.......particuly with sauce!

that would depend on if they were self basting or not.

Kind of gives a whole new meaning to "going out to eat some pussy"

• 2 months later...

once i tried to be a vegetarian. two weeks left me in a traumatised state.

i don't like eating dogs, but that's personal. rats and snakes though,...hmmm...YAMMIE!.

quote:

Originally posted by greg:

I think dog eating should be encouraged amongst the locals... if you go to Manila, you hardly ever see any strays, the poorest of the poor cook them for dinner. Be lovely to wander around Bangkok without all those vicious strays... not sure about cats, though!

You sure have a point there.

I used to live in Sakon Nakhon and everytime a thai would hear that, he/she would say: "Oh, so you like eating dogs then".

There is a market place outside of the capitol city where dog meat is still openly being sold. And it has been shown on national TV often enough.

When my wife was a child in rural Isaan the poor would also buy dogs meat instead of anything else as it was only half the price.

I would prefer people to eat domesticated animals above the disappearing wildlife in Thailand which is becoming increasingly popular especially among the ethnic chinese of the population. And then I don`t really care what kind of domesticated animal we are talking about. After all this is kind of the price they have to pay for being raised, fed and protected by man.

Hua Nguu

Archived