U.S. Embassy In Iraq Has Issues

Steve

...The State Department contractor in charge of the project, James L. Golden , attempted to alter the scene of the blast, according to government officials familiar with the incident. The State Department inspector general prevented Department officials from investigating the incident, according to interviews and documents...

Although I disagreed with some of their stances on an array of issues, I naively thought Republicans were less corrupted than Dems. Not innocent but just less corrupted. My views were probably tainted from growing up in cities with strong Democratic party control and seeing the vast corruption on a local level. However, later on I came to see that both are corrupt to their core.

You would think that they would make sure as many things are as above board as possible given the war is unpopular. The above and other issues (no bid contracts) have been given to contractors for the construction of the embassy. Frankly, I'd rather not even build the damn thing and just up and leave. Hopefully the next president will see things a bit differently.

Archived