Bicycle rental

exit2dos

I own several racing bikes and ride them quite a bit for recreation, mostly on trails for bikes near my home. I was looking into renting one in Pattaya but there were none to be found. It may have been a good thing because I imagine riding one in Pattaya can be extremely dangerous -- not like riding on bike trails.

I own several racing bikes and ride them quite a bit for recreation, mostly on trails for bikes near my home. I was looking into renting one in Pattaya but there were none to be found. It may have been a good thing because I imagine riding one in Pattaya can be extremely dangerous -- not like riding on bike trails.

I would ride mostly on sidewalks and walk across intersections. Most of the sidewalks have no pedestrians at all. In fact, there's more motorbikes on them than people.

There are some back sub sois and short cuts where no cars go at all.

It is really a lot of fun and you discover things you would not if you were walking around or in a Songtaew.

If I wanted to stay put and open a little business, I'd start a bicycle rental biz in Pattaya.

It would be cheap to start up and operate and not much liablility.

Sukhumvit has a bike lane going right down the center of the sidewalk. You could get around faster than with a taxi. If things get hairy, walk though it.

I may buy a couple and leave them, with friends in BKK and PTT. They're already holding bags of my stuff and I hate to impose more, though, since they are not interested in riding.

Archived