HSBC Premier Thailand

frede

Good pints Mekong. BUT Ive got some money in the BKK ewallet and make prhaps 1.5% and its in my name. I also have a joint account with the Mrs in one of theose fixed deposit jobbies and make maybe 3%?

Who knows?

Either way, I reckon a million in Thailand in all the accounts combined between both of us is enough to get me out of trouble.

My wonga is staying well away from Thailand, if they dont want it - I'm happy not giving it to them

With Thai Savings accounts (Sic! 0% Interest) BKK Bank ATM Card is Cirrus Plus, which has worked everywhere I have been the last few years and my Kasikorn card is also a Visa Electron Debit Card.

my bangkok bank savings acc does pay some (negligible) interest...their "be first" atm card is visa electron...works everywhere i've tried (dozen or so countries)...my forex account also pays some (again, laughable) interest...

I am mostly based in US Dollars, so when (if) the xchg rate is good, I xfer a pile to my Thai ewallet account (Kasikorn).

When the xchg rate was in the 40's, I never bothered with an account here but as the USD started taking a dump, I quickly opened an account and started playing the xchg game...still waiting for the USD to get back in the 40's...5555555555555555

I have opened 2 accounts in Silom. THB account and foreign currency. Had to use $AU to open it and for all deposits if I cannot show the source of the THB. Then I can simply transfer to THB and access from ATM anywhere in the world.

Just haven't figured out how top get my statements yet when I am home.

The only thing I needed was a letter of introduction from my Bank at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived