Will BKK ever be the same again?

Arrived in BKK last night and looking forward to three glorious weeks in LOS.

As UK flights arrive at 4pm, I was able to shake off my jet lag and hit the streets.

Call me alarmist, but I have a feeling things are changing. The police crackdown seems to have rather changed the atmosphere of some of the bars and brought a sense of time and deadlines to what used to be an open ended evening of pleasure which you could continue into the early hours or terminate at your leisure.

Worse still, the police closed three bars on the second floor on NEP last night and the girl I was talking to said they would be closed for two weeks. Apparently, a lot of bars on the second and third floors are closed at the moment as they were continuing to have topless shows.

According to my lovely:

"things not same. Poleet tell my boss he no make gogo without cloze or must close. Him no believe, him tink pay money poleet, evelytink OK. Now poleet no take money, take money big ploblem. New govenment, thaksin, vely stlong heart."

This piece of political analysis makes me wonder if things will ever be the same again? Look at Manila, look at Vientiane .... where next my fellow sanukers?

quote:

Originally posted by Flashermac:

Kabul is loosening up. You might try there next time.

Hmmmm, not sure if I can get over the beard thing ...... but who knows??

Still, lots of expatriates on expenses and lots available for development in oversupply. Maybe I should set up a bar there to test the water (if there is any).

quote:

Originally posted by ghbmike:

Just like to say how expertly written was your TBG english .When I read that girl's quote I felt like I was standing there listening to her

regards ghbmike

Appreciate your comment Mike. I have to say it wasn't easy. After several bad experiences learning French, Spanish etc. I decided that the only way to lear TBG English was to go for one of those "total immersion courses". It's the only way to do it if your truly committed to learning a language ...

Archived