Cop victims families press for changes

Flashermac

CRANDON, Wis. - Relatives of six people killed by a young off-duty sheriff's deputy who then apparently killed himself called Sunday for required psychological screening, full training and a minimum age of at least 21 for anyone hired as an officer.

Peterson, who also was a part-time Crandon police officer, never underwent psychological testing to work in law enforcement. Anyone 18 or older can become a police officer in Wisconsin, and the state doesn't require mental evaluations. He also had an assault-type weapon as a SWAT team member.

Link

Wher I live, hard to tell a rent-a-cop from a real cop. Some of the cops moonlight as a rent-a-cop with a cop's uniform.

That doesn't bother me. At least they are trained police. Tells you had low cops' pay is that they have to moonlight though.

Who was the idiot that murdered John Lennon? He was a rent-a-cop in Hawaii, had purchased the murder weapon legally and had a permit to carry.

p.s. Thai police are not allowed to carry their weapon off duty. I've also seen traffic cops unarmed often enough.

Archived