Cheap flights from BKK to KL and Singapore? What airlines?

whcouncill

For KL: Air Asia fly to the Low Cost Terminal next to KLIA; from there express buses available to KL or to KLIA where you can catch express bus or train to KL.

Air Asia don't fly to Singapore, the nearest desination is Johor Airport across the Causeway; a direct bus service is available from the airport to Orchard Road in Singapore.

I imagine one of the low-cost airlines out of Singapore go direct to Bangkok

I've flown Air Asia 3 times BKK to SIN. Half empty 2 out of 3 occasions so plenty of space. On 3rd occasion it was chocker with a group of pushing and shoving mainland Chinese.. a pretty unsophisticated mob, because one had squatted on the toilet seat... and missed!

Keep an eye on site for super cheapies... such as "Free" - pay taxes only (worth joining their email newsletter for advance notice of special promotions). No seat allocation... can be a bit of a mad rush. Can buy priority boarding. Over 55s get priority boarding automatically. Not always honoured though. Other downside.. strict 15 kgs limit.

Air Asia according to their website will soon be flying KL to SIN. They already fly frequently BKK to KL.

Tiger Airways also flies BKK to SIN. Have seat allocation. If you're flying onwards using Tiger Airways eg to Perth, Western Australia, you can sometimes get quite a cheap deal... if outside school holidays. 15 kgs luggage allowance but can buy extra beforehand quite cheaply.

For others try http://www.asia-budget-airlines.com/index.htm

None of my experiences has been as good as flying quality airlines such as Thai, MAS, Qantas, but the budget airlines are cheap if you're prepared to put up with a few hassles. Up2u.

:beer:

Archived