Xzyte Disco NYE: What a night

thefezman

Just had to post today to say that has to be the best NYE if not the best night I have ever had. Music was great, shows were superb as was the atmosphere. The place was packed, no sign of trouble. At the height of my drunkness/delirium, I ended up dancing on stage with a load of thais and farangs. You know, its to rare these days to have the kind of night which will stay in your mind forever. Thanks to everyone involved and hope that my fellow board members enjoyed themselves as much as I did wherever they were!

cheers

thefezman

hello you lucky lucky so and so i have to wait until the 29th of this month and was stuck at work in london while you were having the time of your life.still such is life good luck for the coming year.

jonboy

Speaking of Xzyte in Pattaya. Thanks for the heads up on the bathroom situation there Ranger! I used a stall and avoided the butt massage!

I took three separate girls there in November and I had a blast each night.

I have a question for anyone who might know. When one of the shows started, some scantily clad women came out with swords and started fake sword fighting. This went on for bit until the drummer's perch started turning around.

On the other side was a lady dressed in gold with some sort of gold head dress. She immediately went into song and slowly made her way down the steps while the scantily clad sword girls stood at attention with their swords out in front of them.

The lady in gold sung a really cool song that I understood not a word of. Does anyone know the name of this song?

I would like to try and download it on Morpheus or WinMX if it?s available. If not, I will file the name away and try to get it at the Thai music store the next time I am in Bangkok.

Also, I got a kick of the Thai dude singing It?s My Life by Bon Jovi as the finale. I must have heard that song tons of times while I was there. From bands in the beer bars, to the Mitsubishi Motors commercials, to Xzte. I heard it a lot. I must admit though, the guy at Xzyte did a good rendition of it. And I liked the house band there greatly.

Overall I really like Xzyte in general. One of my beer bar girls wanted the bottle of JD. I was hesitative at first, but after she got a few JD?s and coke down her she became a ball of fun.

Anyway, if anyone knows the name of the song I described above, I would very much appreciate an answer! Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

On second thought I think I payed 500B admission for me and two girls for some special show or something like that... Admission did include a drink coupon I think. Am I getting old?!
crazy.gif" border="0

Tycona,

A couple of times I have paid an admission price when they have had a special show. Dec 29th, I paid 160B per person because they had some "superstar" singer that night (the lamest part of the show by the way).

Every other time, I've just entered and ordered drinks (about the same price drinks as the go-go bars).

Ranger

Hi!

Ranger

I that was what I paid this summer when I was ther with a girl. Tere was some Thai superstar singing. I think his name was mr. Mot but I'm not really sure. He wasn't my cup of tea but he had a guitar player that was great. I got to love guitar music in the sixties by listening to the old gods, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jack Bruce, Frank Zappa and Jimmy ofcourse.

This was the only time I have been there so I don't know about the cover charge but they said it was because of the superstar.

reagards

ALHOLK

I've only been to the Xzyte Disco once but for me it was a great time as well (first time out with a non-bar girl).

About the entrance fee, I'm not sure if I had a choice or not, but it seemed to me that it was necessary to buy a bottle of scotch whisky to get in. I don't know if it was because there was a special show that night or not, but the show was very good. I bought the cheapest bottle available, which was 900 baht (Crown Royal was the cheapest?). That covered the entrance for the 4 of us. After that we still had to buy the mixers and ice. But they gave us a great table which was up front and centre. I still think it was worth it.

Even after reading about Ranger's warnings I still ended up paying 40 Baht to get out of the washroom. There's just too many of them in there. shocked.gif" border="0

Archived