city chic hotel --wow

A_J

I just stayed for two nights.Booked through Tim at THD who was excellent as been often noted. Couldn't get a big room, they only have a few, but a regular room was no problem even booking just a couple of days in advance.

First impression is a small city hotel done out in modern 'boutique' style. Pretty much as the name suggests. Check in was hassle free and the reception area doubles as the breakfast restaurant.

The room was small(ish) but as noted by A_J well kitted out. Bed was a bit squeaky but that never bothers us (I was with consort) TV is excellent, all hotels should aspire to the general room standards I'd say.

Bathroom was also small and walk in shower overly so. They should do away with the tub in the small rooms, unnecessary in my view. Water pressure was good but keeping the temperature constant was nigh on impossible.

Good free internet connection in the room.

Breakfast was limited, no buffet, but included in the price and good enough for me.

4 out of 5 I'd say and excellent value for money if you don't mind being at the bottom of the Soi, which is nice and quiet.

Will stay again when the need arises.

go through tim at thd and the price is 1980baht.

book through the hotel it is 2500baht so it is a big saving.

also in response to fool the smaller bedroom i stayed in did not have a bathtub, but i didnt find the water temperature to alter, maybe at a certain time of day when everyones taking a shower it doesnt balance out, i dont know.

all i know is both rooms ive been in were impeccable.

i looked at the rooms on the ground floor and they have a terrace which is a nice touch.

ive been here a month now and i love the place, everyone is so helpful, never a hassle with guests and the guests that have come here(literally lol) have been impressed with the room. i would say the guests should write the reports as there the ones who see more rooms than us, lol.

Hi,

Found the water temperature problem was pretty much any time of day, we were taking lots of showers :sex: :grin: and of course I only saw the one room. Price was as A_J said and all handled through THD, they never even asked for my card at the hotel.

Also impressed with the service, many bigger places should aspire to this level.

Interesting point, Bangkok is sooooo small. Two girls working the restaurant worked the same place my consort was employed in a previous life. At breakfast I spotted a cowboy girl I had er, spoken to a couple of nights previously. I always say Bangkok is the worlds biggest small town.

there are no balcony rooms, all the ground floor rooms have a veranda with table and chairs, there are no views from these rooms, its just an extra touch if u like being outside and inside at the same time.

the rooftop paddling pool gets sun all day and there is no shade, ok for tanning though if thats ur thing.

i am still at the citi chic, been over a month now and i still keep looking for a better hotel but i cant find one as nice as this for the money.

the staff are still impeccable and the hotel is allways full nowadays.

• 1 month later...

You had a squeaky bed too?

Funny, I did too (and it annoyed me).

To add a couple of other gripes (to counter a bit of the love :grin: )

1. No DVD player in room. (I guess a lot of guys, like me, like to watch DVDs with their girl. It's a waste of a big TV to have to resort to my laptop and it seemed silly to economise on that given the rest of the room's facilities.)

2. TV was sourced from Malaysia(?) (I guess) because the subtitles in movies for HBO, etc, weren't Thai. Again, annoying if you have a Thai consort staying.

3. Wireless Internet doesn't work on any floor other than the ground one. Come on, it's 2008! Fix it!

Other minor gripes:

4. Gym was a bit too small for my purposes. So I had to go elsewhere for most workouts.

5. Too many "normals". I.e. Space taken up by holidaying couples, foreign women, etc. Sadly this is an increasingly common feature of many Sukhumvit hotels these days. Personally I don't like to see space in nicely situated girl-friendly hotels wasted! :grin:

The staff are great though. Reception, porters, maids - all good.

Archived