Buffalo Farm

OK guys...I did it. I now have a pretty good size buffalo farm in Gharm Pang Pet..So if your Girlfriends tell you that he buffalo is sick tell her to come and see me and I'll give her a new one smile.gif" border="0 But she must bring me the sick one for tread. Good luck.

Just wanted to help out my fellow Expats.

Are you also planning:

Mothers, brothers, sisters and other livestock that can become sick?

The BG network will soon be informed and suddenly the bad average health of buffalo's will improve tremendous....

But health state of other livestock will decrease...

It's a nice begin but we must think of something better...

Are there no aussies who have 'flying doctors' experience?

On the other hand, with the new health scheme, we only have to send 30 bath...

Hey Ajarnski - my live-in gf is from Kham Phaeng Phet - her family owns and operates one of the banana products shops on the east side of highway 32, between Nakon Sawan and Kham Paeng Phet.

If a load of banana chips would help cure sick buffalos, then maybe we could form some sort of conglomerate to promote healthy kwai.

Or - if anyone has any sick bananas (or banana trees), maybe my wife's folks could perform an exorcism, or something.

Anything for the greater good.

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

OK.......I have a friend who's an EMT and he has a pilot license. I think I'll rent a small plan and start a " We heal sick buffalo and people " business. I'll be in Gham Pheak Phet again in Feb-March time frame to check out some new land my parents just bought. So if you want to get together over some banana chips let me know..

Well, thank goodness you didn't consider setting this venture up in Monterey. I guess then you would have to make it a theme park.

Sick Buffalo Land

Rides for the kiddies, buffalo horn hats, free buffalo poop for the gardeners, etc.

Ajarnski, maybe you can get DLI to record a tape in buffalo speak (or many other languages) to just tell them they are not sick. Then, simply market the tapes over here for the bargirls to take back. It would be great to go up-country and see all those buffalos in the rice paddies wearing headphones.

Just like DLI students.

And don’t forget the buffalo t-shirts/heats/jackets, and to open an buffalo GO-GO having once a year the “miss buffalo contest” in addition to the existing “miss banana” contest right now (I’m not joking).

A minor detail, it is not Gharm Pang Pet” but “kamphaeng Phet”.

Ajarnski,

Like the Crocodile Farm, why not open "Waterbuffalo Farm"? You should be able to put a good show together, e.g. girls riding kwais, farang buffalo riding speed contests, souvenir shop in the barn, restaurant serving buffalo steak...

I am sure more ideas will come up here.

By the way, anything worthwhile to visit in Kamphaeng Phet area? I will be travelling north in november.

Between Nakhon Sawan and KPP, just north of Nakhon Sawan, there is a large geologic formation that rises up out of a flat plain on the east side of the highway. It is called Khao Nor.

At sundown, an absolutely immense flock of bats leaves caves in these jagged formations, in wispy threads of maybe 10,000-50,000 bats each. Over about 90 minutes, what I guess to be several million bats disperse from this place. It's pretty eerie, if you've never seen anything like this.

Probably not worth a dedicated trip, but if you are passing this spot in late afternoon, it is worth pausing to see.

Cheers!

B-Fly BKK

Well......there's not much to do in kamphaeng Phet. There's some old ruin/temples/wats....and a small waterfall. But I wouldn't plan a stop out here unless you are passing by anyway. Or if you want to see my buffalo farm smile.gif" border="0

About the buffalo with headphones----

I might get all the teachers to record a short " your not sick" message in ther respective languages. But where can I get headphones to fit the kwai's head?

Well my assignment to DLI is over frown.gif" border="0 I was the only Thai guy teaching Korean cool.gif" border="0 But now I have to report to Ohio!!! next week. But I get to take 30 leave in February...and another 30 days in Apr-May for Cobra Gold!! So see you guys there.

Wheewwww....sorry for the rant.

quote:

Originally posted by Ajarnski:

About the buffalo with headphones----

I might get all the teachers to record a short " your not sick" message in ther respective languages. But where can I get headphones to fit the kwai's head?

Well my assignment to DLI is over
frown.gif" border="0
I was the only Thai guy teaching Korean
cool.gif" border="0
But now I have to report to Ohio!!! next week. But I get to take 30 leave in February...and another 30 days in Apr-May for Cobra Gold!! So see you guys there.

Ajarnski, just visit your local DoD contractor. Those guys will be more than happy to design buffalohead-sized listening devices...and submit you a bill for $1M each of course. I bet those guys will be making some major cash in the days ahead, but, perhaps not on your buffalo headsets.

Some more potentially distressing news for you - there is a very good chance Cobra Gold may be canceled this year. As you know, the troops have many other commitments. So, if it is not canceled it probably will be greatly downsized.

Plenty of time for you then to work on that Buffalo Hooked on Phonics tape.

Enjoy your winter in Ohio. haha

From the LOS,

Archived