question?

quote:

Originally posted by think1stbkk:

I really don't know. Came here 3 years ago and have not returned yet and probably never will!

Well said that man. 6 years and counting for me. Why go back? To what?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my first trip to LOS just over 9 years ago and it just never left my head/heart. The inner smile that others have mentioned took ages to fade and was boosted by another trip a few months later. After that, well the writing was on the wall and the only solution smile.gif" border="0 was to find work out here.

Time spent 'homeside' after a trip to LOS was strange - a song on the radio, a TV program, a hint of a fragrant (or sometimes not so fragrant) smell would trigger off memories that would rejuvenate the inner smile for a while. Having friends back 'homeside' that had also been to LOS sometimes helped with therapy sessions over a drink/meal but it was an absolute certainty that memories would be revived during an evenings conversation - each and every time we met.

If anyone has found a way to get over this 'syndrome' then....well....keep it to yourself for now because I don't want the cure. But stay in touch...just in case...

D

quote:

Originally posted by Dapper:

The inner smile that others have mentioned took ages to fade and was boosted by another trip a few months later. D

Friends definitely find a noticeable Physical glow after my most fulfilling trips (like the next one!), and the inner glow is a LOS gift from the first trip. I've certainly dealt with a lot of situations in my life with a better outlook/response thanks to traveling there. And i have not even started talking about women....

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ric Aussie:

Physically you leave mentally you never leave Sorry sad but true
smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

You mean I'll never stop thinking about all the hot tight beautiful young girls, the cheap prices, the very smell of sex as you walk out the airport. Yeah, I realized it the first time I left for home.

My head never did return to "normal" for an

American man. After my first trip I was done

with "jumping through hoops" for western women. My sex life has never been better as now I attract less "I'm women hear me roar" types and more " You're cool..lets f$ck" types here in the US. It still doesn't compare to the heaven that is Thailand but it will do for the time I'm not in Thailand.

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: dreamweaver ]

thaibo,

Your title for this thread has more meaning than just "question?". I have also just been back from LOS for just a week. My body is back in the USA, but my mind failed to make the same return trip. I'm going back to retrive my mind.

One reply said the effect will last from 2 to 4 months. I only hope this is true, because I'm now making plans to return before the year is over. Reading all the threads on those going the remainder of this year, I just need to decide when will be the best time to go. Mid December and staying thru New Years sounds like Thailand is the place to spend the holidays and bring in the new year.

An other person replied he would never be the same again, God I hope this is also true, because I don't want to be the same. Someone else said that his friends notice a glow, my friends have also that glow on my face since being back. My life has also changed after making that first trip. It is very hard to explain the experience to someone who hasn't been there.

The only hardship is to count down the days again before going back. This is what I will need help with.

LeoTex

Archived