Place to Stay

Another_Guy

Hello Everyone.

I am finally coming back to BKK. I will be in town for 5 days and need a hotel room. I am looking for something in the 1500-2500 baht range that is guest friendly and that I dont need a credit card to reserve with. If that is not possible I might just get one while at the airport.

Does anyone know if you can pick up a SIM card at around 1:00am. I got mine last time at MBK 9they will be closed). I was hoping to get one when I landed.

I land at 11:00 pm on May 9th so I will miss the Friday meeting but if anyone is interested in some late night partying let me know. I will be ready to go and have some fun since it has been three years since I was in BKK. Last time I flew in Nana and Soi Cowboy were just closing. Any leads on latenight venues.

bamd2005@yahoo.com

The Accomodations forum on this site provides comprehensive info on your question about a hotel, much more than individual recommendations could provide you in this thread. Certainly better to book one prior to arriving at the airport.

Spice on Sukhumvit Soi 11, Spicy on Rong Muang Road, the Tunnel on LangSuan Soi 5 are current popular late night venues frequented by Western males and working ladies. Note that late night venues can change frequently, and these may not be viable options in 3 months. Ask again about 2 weeks before you arrive, and you'll get relevent info.

Open a thread in the 'Meetings' forum closer to your arrival date, and you should get several people who would like to meet.

Archived