NEP's decline vis-a-vis Soi Cowboy

Gadfly

We have discussed this before, but it really struck me last night how much NEP has declined vis-a-vis Soi Cowboy. And I am not just talking about BGs and showing.

Parts of NEP just smelled really bad. Over by the escalator, which hasn't work for a long time, it smelled like an open sewer. Soi Cowboy doesn't smell like a bed of roses, but it certainly doesn't smell like an open sewer the way parts of NEP do.

The bars in NEP are starting to look really shabby. In most places it appears as though no one has invested a single satang in maintenance since the original new social order crackdown. By contast, bars are being renovated all over Soi Cowboy. The rank old favorites are still there (e.g., Long Gun), but there is also investment in new bars - something rare in NEP these days.

On almost every visit to Soi Cowboy I run into mamasans or BGs I knew from NEP days. The reverse never happens in NEP.

Soi Cowboy was packed. Even in Rainbow 4 in NEP, the bar wasn't that crowded. I also noticed in Rainbow 4 that a few past their prime dek serves have joined the dancers. Are they running short of dancers?

The only two areas where NEP seems to lead is in smokers and gatoeys. In Soi Cowboy they seem to be taking the ban seriously (but I didn't visit Bacarra, which is probably the best test of this), but not in NEP. Not being able to show, will NEP start to cater to guys who like cigarette smoking gatoeys? At times, it seemed that wasy last night.

On almost every visit to Soi Cowboy I run into mamasans or BGs I knew from NEP days.

BG friend of mine noted this some time ago. Lots of NEP girls moving to SC...and bringing their NEP attitudes with them. :thumbdown:

HH

As long as they move just a few at a time' date=' hopefully they should adjust their attitudes over time closer to the majority who are already in SC.

I've only noticed one NEP girl who's moved to Cowboy (Rainbow 1 to Baccara) and it was amusingly easy to see that she was used to NEP just from her dancing. While the rest were making a bit of an effort, she was still doing the 'Nana step'. :)

Whenever I go with a Rainbow girl, I always make sure to mention how Cowboy is getting more customers than Nana these days. I [i']hate[/i] their lazy lack of showing. And, in another sign, I find most Rainbow girls are complaining about the lack of customers.

Earlier this week I was sitting in LUCKY LUKES with a friend when I realized something was missing: I looked around and I couldn't see A SINGLE PARKED MOTORBIKE anywhere in the plaza; not in the entry, not in front of PHAROES, not even under the stairways. Just a few nights before, the entry was so packed with bikes one could barely walk through.

I don't expect it to last, but it was an improvement.

Rumors are so rife that Nana's days are numbered that there is little incentive for lessors to upgrade their properties. They certainly don't seem to be lacking customers. Every day brings planeload's of punters who still think it's the greatest place on earth.

Archived