Sticks and Stones. McCain

itsmedave

Hugh,

With all due respect...I don't think you'll wind up with the long end of the stick by comparing Bill Clinton's foreign policy record with our current monkey.

Foreigners, freindly or not, want a Democrat in office because their might be some competance which is better whether you are for us or against us. (Many more were for us during Clinton's run)

The problem with conservatives is that everything is black and white, good and evil. But there is no evil, there is wrongheadedness, possibly evil actions, but even those who commit the worst atrocities think they are the good guys. Casting them as demons can never lead to a positive solution.

The background of the party makes no difference. What is happening now is what is important. If the Democrats were bad 50 years ago, I would've voted Republican. But, seeing as how it is the Republicans who are bad now...only the very stubborn would consider voting for them.

The real answer is to vote Democrat and force the Republican party to return to the better way they were in the past. Otherwise tyou are just an enabler. And that is not patriotic.

And while we're being honest here...MY REPLIES INSERTED INTO YOUR MESSAGE, IN CAPS...

M

I realize we have all decided to agree that John McCain is unassailable as an American hero, but um why?

Sure he fought in a war for us. So have millions of others. It's admirable I suppose, but we don't laud them all as American hero's. Yes, he was tortured in a prisoner of war camp for 5 years. Sucked, I'm sure. But wouldn't it have been more heroic if he hadn't been captured at all?

DID HE HAVE A CHOICE???

THE "ENEMY" NOW HAS TO FEED (OK, NOT THE BEST FOOD), PROVIDE HOUSING (NOT THE BEST) AND GUARD THE PRISONERS. ALL THIS TAKES RESOURCES AWAY FROM THE ENEMY, WHICH WEAKENS (SLIGHTLY) THE ENEMY.

Does this mean that all the terrorists we're currently torturing at Guantanemo should be forever received as hero's by their home countries when they are eventually released?

MOST LIKELY THEY ARE CONSIDERED HEROES.

McCain spoke yesterday in Baghdad about why we must not set a timetable for withdrawl. It was because the terrorists would then be able to dance and tell the world that they beat America.

Really?

That's why we have to continue to let our son's, daughters, husbands, wives, mother, and father's die and be maimed...because McCain can't stand a little teasing?

Really?

FOR ME, AS I SEE IT, THE REASON THE USA IS IN IRAQ IS $$$, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

DO I WANT THE USA OUT OF IRAQ, YES AND MAKE IT LIKE NOW!!! DAMN THE IDEA WE LOST, AS WE DID!!!

LET THE LAZY AZZ IRAQ PEOPLE TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY!!!

LET THE UN GET OFF IT'S DEAD AZZ AND DO SOMETHING.

LET THE EU DO SOMETHING.

USA, EAT THE CROW AND LET'S MOVE ON!!!!!!

Archived