Sticks and Stones. McCain

itsmedave

And while we're being honest here...

I realize we have all decided to agree that John McCain is unassailable as an American hero, but um why?

Sure he fought in a war for us. So have millions of others. It's admirable I suppose, but we don't laud them all as American hero's. Yes, he was tortured in a prisoner of war camp for 5 years. Sucked, I'm sure. But wouldn't it have been more heroic if he hadn't been captured at all?

Does this mean that all the terrorists we're currently torturing at Guantanemo should be forever received as hero's by their home countries when they are eventually released?

McCain spoke yesterday in Baghdad about why we must not set a timetable for withdrawl. It was because the terrorists would then be able to dance and tell the world that they beat America.

Really?

That's why we have to continue to let our son's, daughters, husbands, wives, mother, and father's die and be maimed...because McCain can't stand a little teasing?

Really?

He was the son of an Admiral and could have gotten out of prison as a POW before anyone else but there was a unsaid rule of the first to get captured is the first to go home, and he was not in line so he stayed. The NVA tortured him for refusing to go home.

The guy has brass ones bigger than any of us on here. I may not vote for him but the guy has my utmost respect for that alone. He gets a pass for a lot of things based on that.

Yes, he was tortured in a prisoner of war camp for 5 years. Sucked, I'm sure. But wouldn't it have been more heroic if he hadn't been captured at all?

Does this mean that all the terrorists we're currently torturing at Guantanemo should be forever received as hero's by their home countries when they are eventually released?

This casual equating of our interrogation of captured terrorists with the communists' torture of P.O.W.'s is a perfect example of why I hold leftists in utter contempt.

My apologies. I must have been insane to put forth the idea that a free soldier is more valuable than one who gets himself captured and sits out much of the war. This is good news for me actually, because I certainly would've gotten myself captured as well...maybe I'm more heroic than I originally thought.

And as somebodt said, I must be worth nothing but contempt to say anything bad about somebody who obviuosly likes to kill as much as McCain does. After all, as somebody said, he could have gone home. But he chose to stay. Even though we were not being attacked. Even though our winning or losing (as we eventually did) would have no impact on our national security. McCain saw there was more killin to be done, and by God he was up for it. After all, if we left, the Vietnamese could've said they beat America. Just like the Ira...

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Is this why we have to stay for 100 years in Iraq. Because he still hasn't gotten over Vietnam? Is this why we have to keep dying?

No, no, couldn't be. You conservative must be right. It's just because he loves killing so much. That's why, when this settles down, we can "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"

(Okay, I get the point about him staying as a POW when he could've left. Brave, honorable, yes. A wise decison, not so sure about that. But how has that torture affected him?)

Daveâ?¦youâ??re one of those unfortunate Demoncrat-ultra liberals who either ignore the history of their party or donâ??t know it. For the record, Demoncrats got us into WWII in Europe when we werenâ??t attacked. Truman was in office when that war ended and then negotiated with the Soviets in an appalling manner. Then Truman, although the U.S. was not attacked, got us into Korea. Then, Kennedy tacitly supported Cuban counter-revolutionaries intent of recapturing Cuba. After the major effort was well under way, Kennedy pulled the rug out from under them. Remember the Bay of Pigs? Then, Kennedy got us into Vietnam. Again, the U.S. had not been attacked. Johnson didnâ??t know whether to shit or go blind. He sent more troops but would not allow anything but token bombing of the North. WTF? Great commander in chief. He decided to cut and run after getting his ass trounced in New Hampshire when running for re-election. Under Nixon, a Demoncratically-controlled Congress refused to support U.S. involvement in VN by cutting funds and demanding that bombing of North VN be stopped and demanding that the U.S. stay out of Cambodia and undermined the Peace Accords negotiated with the North Vietnamese. Klinton did manage to take out an aspirin factory in retaliation for Embassy bombings. Then he ordered the destruction of an empty AQ training camp...after declining to take out OBL on at least three occasions when the CIA/armed foreces had the opportunity. Demoncrats have a solid history of â??cut and runâ?Â. Itâ??s no wonder that our enemies would like to see Demoncrats in office. Totally gutless and clueless.

Dave, you may speak from your heart, but youâ??re like a monger who thinks with his little head. Not a smart way to approach things.

HH

Archived