Overseas Travel with Family

RayRay

I'm really not sure if this should go in Travel, Family, or the Visa / Legal section. Figured I would start here and see what comes up.

My wife (Thai) and I are going to Dubai to visit some of my family next month. Our son has both a Thai passport and a U.S. passport. Am I under the correct impression that when we leave BKK we should present his Thai passport then when we enter Dubai present his US passport? Then when we come back show his US passport when departing Dubai and his Thai passport when we get back to BKK?

I don't see any problems on the surface of doing this but was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation. If so what did you find to be the best practice?

Thanks for the confirmation. The wife only has a Thai passport but the visa has already been arranged.

I wonder if I can press my luck when we come back and go through the Thai immigration counter with wife and son. Knowing my luck the immigration people would throw me in jail just for trying.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the confirmation. The wife only has a Thai passport but the visa has already been arranged.

RayRay

Would like to know how you did the UAE visa. I keep getting a lot of either wrong, or at the least outdated, information.

Either here or PM but think it might be useful for others as well.

Thanks

fool.

Archived