Multi-entry visa Malaysia

OK, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed - only just realised that my travel plans will have me go through Malaysian customs at least 3 times in a 3 week period. As I mentioned before, Oz citizens get an automatic 90-day visa on arrival, but I suspect that I will need to pay for a multi-entry visa - anyone had any experience with this ??

Particularly curious about the Johor Bahru-Singapore crossing, as they must have huge numbers of people continually crossing between the two - if its anything like Hong Kong/Shenzhen, they barely glance at foreigner's travel documents.

Ta,

Gobble

No need to pay, at least for me (US citizen).

I have gone back and forth, Singapore <> JB (Malaysia) many, many times.

My friend (US citizen) was commuting daily, Singapore <> JB (Malaysia)for over 1 year and no problems, no need for any special visa.

Thanks Cavanami - poring over my Lonely Planet guidebook, it would seem that the only issue is when folk move between Malaysia and Singapore by train, as the Malaysian side don't put an exit stamp in your passport. The Singaporeans will reportedly accept your train ticket as proof that this is how you entered Singapore.

Will spend some time checking out other forums, but I think I've dodged a bullet this time. :content:

Archived