(Me Myself)

a film by Pongpat Wachirabunjong

made possible through the courtesy of Mono Films

Me Myself

and with a special guest appearance by

the filmâ??s lead actor, Ananda Everingham

Thursday, April 24 at 8:00 pm

Cover charge for non-members: 150 Baht

This extraordinary picture was one of the most talked about Thai films of last year. A love story, it is built around the unique romance that develops between Tan, a handsome young transvestite who develops amnesia after being knocked down by a car, and Oom, the young driver of the car who takes him home with her to nurse back to health.

Oom has just broken up with her boyfriend and, in the beginning, is quite irritable with Tan. But he gradually becomes an indispensible member of the household and the inevitable occurs: the two of them fall in love. And itâ??s just then that the police discover who he is: a katoey dancer at a Phuket bar. Informed as to where he is, the barâ??s other dancers swoop down to retrieve their lost friend, and take him back.

Oom also goes to the bar, to be stunned when she sees Tan performing a riveting dance. The filmâ??s finale is dramatic and moving,as the young pair realise that theirs is a love the world will not be able to comprehend.

If thereâ??s one over-riding theme to Me Myself, it is that love is more important than preference or conventionality.

Me Myself is the first feature film directed by actor-writer Pongpat Wachirabunjong whose impeccable script allows the unique love story to develop with ease and naturalness.

The movie was screened at the Bangkok International Film Festival, last year. It created much buzz later at Italy's Udine Far East Film festival and the International Film Festival of India, where it took the Silver Peacock Award for Most Promising director.

And the outstanding performance of young Australian-Lao actor Ananda Everingham, the son of Bangkok-based photographer and long-time FCCT member John Everingham, is proof of why he is one of the most in-demand actors in Thai cinema today. Ananda starred in 2 Thai films that were premiered at the Cannes festival last year, and plays the lead in three important movie-releases this year

Donâ??t miss this rare opportunity to see an unforgettable Thai film and meet itâ??s sensational actor. Itâ??s yet another gem in the FCCTâ??s continuing series on the best of contemporary world cinema.

Archived