Lek or Sandy Spring (Pattaya).

Neon Ninja

Even though I'm more than a year off from my next trip; I'm trying to nail down accommodations in Pattaya. I've finally given up trying to be almost right on top of walking street. Last time I stayed at the Diamond Beach... :barf: ..I'm never going to make that mistake again.

I also think I'm getting too old for the noise! :sleeping:

So I'm looking at Soi 13 this time, at least it puts me a bit closer to my favorite Soi Post office knob polishing joint!

Looking at either the LEK or the Sandy Spring hotel. I've seen all the reviews posted recently on various sites; but I'm looking for some info I can't seem to find in the reviews.

1) Does either one have laundry service?

2) 24hour room service?

3) Elevators? (I'm a fat bastard!)

4) Internet access...

I see the Sandy Spring has WiFi, I've heard conflicting reports on the cost. Some reviews say it is free others dont? :question:

Does the LEK? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Anyhow, thanks for any and all input.

-=/NN

Sandy Spring is quiet, has laundry service, elevators and room service. Although I don't think the room service is 24 hours. The only thing I eat after 2:00am is pussy. Low calories. :neener:

The Wi-Fi is available in a number of hourly packages. I cant remember the prices though.

Not sure about the Lek as I've never stayed there.

From Florida - just happen to be in Florida on my 2nd Florida trip in 2 weeks on business (currently in Orlando)...

Stayed in Sandy Spring many times, only in Sea View Suites. Besides liking the place overall many also like the centralized location. Some of the furniture is getting old but it is a nice place where you won't get hassled - they won't even take the girl's ID's unless you ask them. Here you can also bring back as many girls at one time as you like without there being any Joiner Fees.

The Sea View Suites have in room safes and also have an electric "hot water pot" for making coffee in the morning.

Internet was free during their intial Wifi roll out however now, under the best deal, costs 500 baht for 5 hours.

Generally room service ends at midnight however nowadays they also let users order with a couple external sources nearby like the Haven (not sure if they also stop at midnight), however there's plenty places for food / take out within easy walking distance.

They do have pretty good (and cheap) in house Laundry however there's also a couple Laundry places nearby on Soi 13 as well.

You also might want check out the WhiteHouse Condotel next door - they do have better rooms and furnishings however there is no view, no smoking in rooms, and a joiner fee for more than "1" guest. Myself I prefer Sandy's even with the rooms a little run down but plenty others really like the Whitehouse. However, Sandy does have a superior Front Door despite what our missing member Christian Troy might say :-)

One thing about Sandy Spring is that its quite popular nowadys and there's been times when I tried to make reservations nearly 2 months in advance and they were completely booked already - so I'd make reservations early to be safe if you decide to stay here.

Never tried Lek yet so can't comment there. Have tried Diamond Beach once and didn't last a full day - immediately checked out it was so bad and thankfully got a "suite room" at the Flipper lodge.

Archived