Khao Phanom Rung ancient ruins vandalized

Central Scrutinizer

OK, heard this from Sis-in-law on Friday. We were discussing a few things about the political situation here and this came up. Go here to see the pics and text.

http://www.southeastasianarchaeology.com/2008/05/22/ancient-thai-temples-vandalised/

Sis warned me that on Sunday (yesterday) there could be violence at the PAD rally. She said things were starting to come to a head on the constitution changes the government want to do and people were angry.

But then she told me about this desecration of the Phanom Rung ruins. I had not heard of this in the news, but then I get most of my news of the net, not from the TV. I was astounded someone would do this. It's a disgrace and whoever did it should he hung by the balls. Khao Phanom Ring is to me the nicest of all the ruins in the area, in Isaan. It is well kept, clean, and beautiful. It is a great place to see and experience the wonder and granduer of the Angkor empire.

Was in the press - I read it down here - Thai paper too.

Tell your sis to calm down - if she and every one else get's hot the next coup won't be very nice and I doubt you and I'll be living here.

If she like a large number of others don't like the changes - VOTE against them - easy - just stop getting hot - it's what the powers that want to be want.

Archived