Zimbabwe Cops Lose Their Fucking Minds

TheCorinthian

Officials in Washington and London said the diplomats were returning from a trip to investigate violence in northern Zimbabwe when they were stopped at a roadblock on the outskirts of Harare, the capital. The convoy was halted for some six hours before it was allowed to drive on.

Sounds like they found what they were investigating...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way GWB will do anything to Zimbabwe. Not with a presidential election going on with the son of an African as the Dem's candidate. It should be up to the Brits anyway. Zimbabwe was their creation.

I don't think there's anything much that GWB wants in Southern Rhodesia, so no invasion. He may recall the ambassador. That's about it.

p.s. I know some ex-Rhodesians. They had to leave behind almost everything they owned.

Nelson Mandela' date=' where are you when injustice and things like this happen? Do you care any more for Africa?

How can you watch and be silent.[/quote']

Mandela is a Marxist and a racist and a criminal through and through. He has never been anything else. Smart people knew this twenty years ago. Dumb people mostly learned this over the meantime. Anyone who today has any regard for Mandela is either very young, very ignorant, or crazy.

Mandela was what was required to beat a regime of Fascists, racists and criminals.

Liberals and moderates were totally inadequate to take on Apartheid.

I believe your arguement is faulty. Make no mistake, after Mandela coutries close to SA have prospered.

My frustration is at what happens in Zimbabwe and why this is ignored.

I was staying in Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana and Angola during the previous regime in SA. The region has prospered lately.

I know this isn't answered easily like you attempt to.

I have not been to Africa and I defer to your presumably superior first-hand knowledge of local conditions there. My comment was directed primarily at the "anti-apartheid" left in the West. Rhodesia and then South Africa were all the rage in my circles 15-30 years ago with Mugabe and Mandela each in turn being raised as heroes. As soon as white rule ended in each country the attention ceased and the depravations of the "heroes" and their ilk have been roundly ignored. Zimbabwe is hell. South Africa is passing through limbo and heading down. It is a tragedy and a crime and I don't see much hope, but my real point is that the indifference of Western leftists to the suffering of ordinary Africans at the hands of other black Africans is utterly unremarkable.

'It should be up to the Brits anyway. Zimbabwe was their creation'

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

the British(Governments)have been too scared to do anything about Mugabe ever since he took power.

it would be classed as racist to say anything about an African and racist to do anything about the situation.

and OK for us to send Millions a Year in aid which rarely reaches the people.

and look at the cases of the White Rhodesians/Zimbabweans(UK passport holders)who were abandoned by the British Goverment in their Hour of Need.

lost their property and then refused entry to the UK despite being classed as British.

i say nuke Mugabe's million Dollar palaces,after all he he taken millions away from the ordinary people.

Guest lazyphil

RY, mandela had to fight fire with fire. a liberal democrat (in the british context) type would have been useless taking on the south african system which was seriously fucked up, its going to be a long time before SA becomes a stable place though.

I know a fella whose family had been in southern Africa since 1810. He was born and raised in Rhodesia, where his family had been living for several generations. Didn't matter. He was white and therefore couldn't possibly be an African. He had no right to be in the land of his birth and was forced out.

So how many folks in Oz can say their ancestors have been there since 1810? For that matter, a helluva lot of Americans are descended from immigrants who came between 1900 and the 1930s, especially in cities like Noo Yawk. Even O'Bama is a first generation American.

Archived