Furniture In Bangkok (area) - Sofa

If you drive on sathorn, coming from rama4, then you have to turn left at the intersection where the skytrain 'bends' into Sathorn.

At the next intersection you make an U-turn and the macro is on your left hand.

The only traditional western style sofa bed I saw in Bangkok on my last visit was in Central Lad Plao on the top floor in a furniture store. It was something like 48,000 baht. It was the real kind with springs etc. All the other stuff I saw just wasn't very workable. Ended up getting a nice double bed from Index in Don Muang.

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Pete -- Have I got a deal for you! I was in exactly the same spot. Needed a sofa/bed(s) for my employees/relatives and I didn't want to spent much money. I found the perfect thing under a furniture tent outside a Micro Shopping Mall.

These naugahide sofas have a built in, fold down bolster that converts into a twin size bed. The cost was around 2000 B each. I think my wife chisled the poor guy down to 3500 B for two, something like that.

We took two that happened to be on display, a black and a navy blue. One caution though, if you take a display model or have one made up from the hundreds of available fabrics, you would be well advised to have the optional wheels installed (no additional charge). This makes the sofa easier to move away from the wall when folding down the bolster.

I can post again with the exact location in a few hours when my wife wakes up and I can ask her. This place also has typical, cheesey imitation leather seating ensembles in a variety of styles and colors. Hope this helps. Later.

Steffi -- thanks for the info. However, the original poster, way back in October, was asking about the Thai version. You know, inexpensive, looks good and will last for a while before it needs replacement No springs, these things usually just flop open if you actually want to go to the trouble of creating the double bed effect. Otherwise, you can leave the back cushions in place and just lie down. Usually enough room for one person.

I've just moved into my house and bought some furniture. Here are some clues:

Sofa, cabinets - Modernform (World trade, Maboonkrong, Shrinkarain)

Beds, clothes cabinets - SB furniture World trade, Centrals, HomePro

Outside furniture - Chatuchak

Concentrations of furniture businesses:

Maboonkrong, 4th floor

World trade centre 4th floor

Seaqon square - 3rd floor

Central lard prao, Central rama-III

Archived