COLOUR GAMEBOY ?

Guys, have just been into MBK and was overwhelmed by the amount of games.

I have almost decided to buy a GBA, with rechargable battery/plug thing and cigarette adapter.

I have till Saturday to buy.

Can you give me any tips for decent games ?As i say, last time I was into all this was Game Gear age, so the new systems have all passed me by (including Playstation etc) so any help/info/reviews/advice from those big kids in the know on the equipment / games would be more than helpful.

Cheers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by SUPPOSE:

Can you give me any tips for decent games ?As i say, last time I was into all this was Game Gear age, so the new systems have all passed me by (including Playstation etc) so any help/info/reviews/advice from those big kids in the know on the equipment / games would be more than helpful.

Buy one of those multiple game cartridges, so you can find out for yourself. They usually include a few recent games and lots of old stuff. They are amazingly reliable, I don't think we've bought a duff copy yet.

LG

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

OK ! GOT IT !

Went up to 6th floor MBK. The 1st stall I went to I was getting such attitude from one saleswoman for wanting to see the system working etc that I walked.....couldn't see her problem. I was ready to buy a systme, power supply, games etc. and her attitude lost her that sale, and I was asking for very little.

Anyway, that nearly soured me but ended up in a shop on the floor below with a few minutes before I left. Great guy let me play with the system, demo'd games and I ended up getting the system etc from him.

So I am now the proud owner of a GBA... think I paid topside but I was in a rush. 3 new games (English), charger etc, system - 7k bt. Just because this guy was customer friendly he won my baht.

Cheers for all your advice and I will be back asking as soon as I am stuck on level one smile.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

just got a GBA. for my son, for christmas right here, in the chicago area, it was 89 bucks, at circuit city, best price I could find, and I looked.. the charger and light is 29, and new games are around 39 dollars each I would like opions on which games, rock and which one suck.. as 39 dollars is a lot for games.that are not fun.. also no one has any of the multi game cartages that I hear are over there and how much are the games there can I get a deal....would love to have a lot of those games... smile.gif" border="0 oh and by the way how much are the play station 2 games and will they work overhere I think I will need a chip of some sort.. .what is the current prices I love to shop. smile.gif" border="0

Toga, I bought Spyro, Castlemania and some other highly rated platform game.

The stuff is put away till Xmas but will let you know then.

However, I spent about 4 hours ploughing through the net looking at gamers and pro reviews on games etc and then arrived at the shop with a list of games to demo, try that.

These were about 1000 bt each and prices were pretty similar for the multi-game carts.

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: SUPPOSE ]

thanks for the prices,they are somewhat cheaper there then here, I got rayman, rugrats, and pokeman gold, as I found out you can play game boy color games on the advanced gameboy..I also have a playstation 2, and now the x box, is looking good to me..avil here for 300.. what about there..I was thinking of stocking up on games when I go there on vacation.. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

togaduke --

I agree with the earlier recommedation.. I go online.. get all the reviews I can anf then go a a retailer and demo them...

I'd think that in the Chicagoland area there would be literally tons of such stores..

PS: I too have yet to see many multi-game paks for sale in the US versus in BKK.. Of course, most, if not all, of these paks are copyright violations..

--UPSer

going to Wheeling on Friday!

thanks UPSer, I found out you can rent the games at blockbuster vidios, so I will try that a bit, and there are some funcolands that sell used games, I tryed playing, the gameboy advance at a few stores, and doint like it much, I am so used to play station and that x box is going to take off.. but my son wants one so hes got it.hey I was in a strip club downtown last friday called scarlots it was 18 bucks to get in then 5 dollar cokes.. and 20 buck lapdances... you really have it made with your JOB..this is not LOS... smile.gif" border="0 let me know if I can get a ride with you sometime smile.gif" border="0

Your boys sure are mentioned a lot.....are you sure all this gear is for them or are you the closet cyber-junkie ? smile.gif" border="0

You jogged my memory - the other platform game was Rayman.

Have no idea about other games systems or prices.

Archived