COLOUR GAMEBOY ?

It is a long time since I delved into the handheld market....gamegear I think.

I recently saw some kids playing on one of these gameboys and it looked good. Anybody got info on prices, where to buy, batteries, good games etc

I am currently out of Thailand but will be back for 2 days shortly, so with positive feedback I should be able to snap one up.

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khun Sanuk--

That's a very good price for an authentic model.. I spoke with a friend who works in Nintendo's North Bend (WA) facotry where the Gameboy 2's are assembled and shipped worldwide and he reports the EMPLOYEES can buy up to four units at US$38.50/ea which is about 50% off... So, if you do the reverse math, you got a very good deal... Game cartridges to boot!

Enjoy!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I bought a Gameboy Advance from Mahboonkrong a week ago for 3300 baht which was the best price I could buy it for.

I thought this was a good price. The guy was really trying to sell me assessories and knock of multiple game colour gameboy cartridies too..

6th floor mahboonkrong.. you might see him playing with a remote controlled car..

Khun Sanuk--

You suppose correctly, there is a difference between the Color gameboy and Gameboy 2 Advanced... I was merely stating that all the US sold handsets are manufactured in North Bend and that the employees there can get the GB Color (not #2 or Advanced) for a fair price which is roughly about the same you paid, BUT you got a game cartridge(s) to boot. Thus making your deal much more advantageous, even to that of those people who work for the company in the first place.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

hmmm - ask a question, create a few more smile.gif" border="0!!

so can someone in the know advise me please....

gameboy colour or gameboy advanced ? what are the pros and cons ? I really don't have a clue about either ?! only spec is that it must be good for travelling as that (relieving the boredom) is its main purpose.

Cheers

SUPPOSE-

It really depends on a few things. #1) Cost- Obviously the unit will cost more, but rememebr that game cartridges are more expensive also. #2) Selection of titles #3) Compact size #4) Weight

#1) I think tha for the $$$ the Adavanced unit is now (finally) worth the price. Game paks have also come down in price.

#2) The libaray of titles available is exvcellent for both units.

#3) The Advanced is a bit larger than the Color unit, but not by a whole lot.

#4) Weight, Advanvced is a few ounces heavier, but not noticeably so.

Look at Nintendos site..... www.gameboyadvance.com

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived