I'm In BKK for the Weekend!!! Quick update on Closing Times, Please!!

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Well I have a Swissair ticket, the last day they fly from Taiwan to BKK is Thursday the 11th of this month. 'Can I get on the flight?' I said. The answer came back 'YES'.

Fucking great!!!! laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

But, the flight gets in about 10:30 pm BKK time. I don't have time to waste, do I???

I'm thinking about the freelancer places, Thermae, Beer Garden (on Soi 7), Nana disco... currently closing when??? Would anyone like to recommend a freelancer joint anywhere between NEP and Cowboy (or Washington Square)??

Of course, Sukhumvit Road never closes... what's the atmosphere like on Sukhumvit after 2 am? Pleasant, seedy, both, or what?? Problems with Katoeys??

Cheers,

Savittre laugh.gif" border="0

I was in Thermae Saturday night and someone must have slipped up as the lights did not come on until 2:20 am. But, after they did, the place was cleared out in short order. Still, plenty of ladies milling about outside looking for action. No one seems to shoo them away - eventually they just wander down Sukhumvit, mostly towards the 7-11.

In Soi Cowboy and NEP, I find most bars turn the lights on just before 2AM and start gathering up the bins. They do try to get everyone out by 2AM or shortly thereafter.

I wasn't in the 'pong or Nana disco last weekend, but I suppose it is same-same.

If you will be here this weekend, may I suggest the Dance Contest at Dollhouse starting at 8AM? Sounds like a real hoot.

I am curious about a few things. Is Patpong closing at the same time as everywhere else? The last thing I read on the web indicated that zoning would be coming to place by the end of this month. Has anyone in Bangkok heard anything more specific about zoning or has it all just faded away.

OK, and another question from a buddy of mine who is visiting Phuket this weekend. What are closing times in Patong these days?

Archived