Game Boy multi-cartridges?

Hiya folks,

Have a friend on her way to Bangkok, needless to say she?s not interested (as far as I know wink.gif" border="0) in the ?bar scene?, but IS very interested in the shopping scene!!! ;-) Can someone provide any mall information for Bangkok (I guess the central area, I know the city is quite sprawling)??? She?s staying at the Hyatt I believe, is there anything close by, maybe something like MBK or WTC? Would appreciate a street name if possible or general direction if available. Other mall recommendation welcome as well!!!

Also?

She?s primarily looking for those Game Boy (color) multi-game cartridges. I see them all the time in Pattaya, but don?t remember seeing them at MBK or other malls I?ve visited in Bangkok? Of course I wasn?t looking for any either, any good deals out there on those things???

Mahalo!!! laugh.gif" border="0

Nakbin

Well, MBK is not far down the street at all and there are certainly several stalls selling those cartridges. You can also buy them in the toy dept in Robinson (Suk Soi 17/19) and a street vendor on the corner of Soi 11. I am sure there are lots of other options but those are the only places my boys have bought theirs. To be honest, I assumed half the games wouldn't work in them but I don't think they have had a duff one yet. IIRC prices have ranged from B700-1000, singles of new games being around B4-500 anyway.

I may of course have been totally ripped off as I really had nothing to gauge the prices against so I will be interested in other responses here.

LG

Yes, in my experience those Game Boy multiple cartridges are crap. You can buy them on the street - Sukhumvit or the Night Market for about 200 baht I think. They look great 40 versions of Pac Man and so forth. But, when you try it out, every version is the same. Also, no instructions on how to play the blasted games. Yes, some don't require a brain, but some are incomprehensible to me without some sort of instruction.

• 2 weeks later...

I aborted on the multi-game cart idea when I realised there was no instructions.

Most games would be a nightmare without knowing what you are doing unless they really are basic.

If you know someone with the original (and the instructions) then.....??? maybe a good photocopying business idea ??

The multi-game cartridges I was talking about aren't really the same as those budget jobs Sarisin was on about. These do have quite a lot of filler, sure, but some very nice games amongst them, but they will be sold on the strength of the 4 or 5 new, top-selling games which feature on the box. Latest versions of Pokemon, stuff like that. Certainly wouldn't get them for B200, or fairly certainly at least - that Sarisin is pretty tight with his cash!

My boys are 5 and 8 and have no problems in coping without instructions, same as on the Playstation or PCs. Personally I struggle WITH the instructions even on Pacman!

LG

Archived