Jools bar lately?

Lusty

When I was in town a few weeks ago I popped in one evening for a meal and afterwards got talking to the new manager.

He said that he was going to start employing a few barfinable girls.

Anyone been down to see whats on offer?

Lusty, must admit I've never been a Jools fan, always prefered Chequers myself. Although both bars are not really what they where a few years ago.

I still have a soft spot and memories of many a good session in Chequers :) . Starting to employ bar finable gils in Jools would simply make it much the same as all the other girlie bars in that soi IMHO. A retrograde step, but perhaps needed the way that soi has developed (for the worse) over recent years?

Simie.

Was in there in late May.

Food a little better prepared and plenty of it.

I spoke to the Thai lady who said she owned it (I assume you spoke to the real manager) Anyway she spoke of making changes to the place by way of a better turnover of drinkers. She had a lot to say about some drinkers coming in and spending a long time nursing one drink which she didn't like. She said she had already spoken to a few 'regulars' and they weren't happy so I think she may have asked them to move on.

Anyway it will be interesting to see how barfinable girls turn out. Hope they wash their hands after a 'short time' especially if they return to the bar and start serving food again. Maybe a blow job will also be on the desert menu or even have it as a starter.

She had free internet while I was there for customers. She had one PC and a terrible screen upstairs. You couldn't spend too long looking at it.

Anyway maybe people here will keep us informed.

I was a regular in Jools from October 1988 until around 2002. When Kim ran the bar it was family friendly, but after big Dave took over, the whole atmosphere changed and I stopped going. I have been using Chequers for early evening drinks and eats. That declined, but does now seem to be on the up. On my last visit to Bangkok, I heard the rumour about barfines at Jools. I also heard a story that one of the regulars rang the bell to buy all customers and staff a drink, and was charged ladies drink prices for the staff's drinks. Whether true or not, be wary if you get involved in a bellringing evening at Jools.

Archived