Retirement Visa

What happened to using property for the 800,000 - a condo, stocks etc? I know someone who bought a condo with the intention of using it for his retirement visa when the time comes. Don't see property listed now.

i read somewhere that property's are not count anymore for this type of visa.

But with the property market in crisis, there is hope for new regulations i think.

There used to a visa that gave you a one year extension of stay if you bought a condo worth 3 million or more. This was visa discontinued last year.

Some people believe the property market is headed for a crisis, but not sure it could be characterized as being in one now. Do you have proof of that? Developers defaulting on loans, going out of business? Construction being stopped and projects being abandoned? Prices falling?

:dunno:

Thanks for a good accurate post for a change in this thread!

This is why I find it desirable in my situation to just keep getting new OA Retirement visas in my home country. They are easy and not that expensive to get if you meet the qualifications and they basically get you up to two hassle free years in Thailand for each one without having to dump a lot of money into a Thai bank or get the embassy certification re income which is what I would try to do if I was going to stay here most of the time. But then I'm not permanently residing in Thailand so that is part of why this approach of just getting new multiple entry OA visas in the home country when needed makes sense for me.

Thanks for the info Jai Guru, understand only will need reentry permit during the sec0nd year of stay if I extend my visa for and additional year. Only problem now is to find a place to stay between Soi 21 and Ekamai. Will start looking soon!!

Archived